Tony's free-floating pulse-jet valve

Moderator: Mike Everman

dynajetjerry
Antipspambot question: 0

Tony's free-floating pulse-jet valve

Post by dynajetjerry » Thu Mar 10, 2005 9:51 pm

Hi, Guys,

I was just reading a Dec. 22, 2003 message from Tony about his idea for a free-floating valve system. I am reminded of a "Sving Nebler" insecticidal fog generator that we studied while I was with Curtis Automotive Devices, in 1953. Originating in Germany (I think,) it made use of a resilient disc valve that was almost free floating. Suspended on a guiding shaft between two perforated metal discs, it was lightly held against the outer disc by a light-weight spring. The other disc was inside the valve chamber (connected to the combustion chamber by a tube,) was free to move back and forth on the shaft and, when pressed against the front disc by combustion pressure, it sealed the chamber very effectively. By adjusting the distance between the two discs, the operator could control the amount of air that entered and, therefore, the power output and frequency. However, I am pretty sure such a system, as used in that machine, would not be suitable for a pulsejet whose main purpose was thrust.

Dynajetjerry

PETRIEPULSE
Antipspambot question: 125

Re: Tony's free-floating pulse-jet valve

Post by PETRIEPULSE » Wed Jun 15, 2011 1:57 pm

Hi I had a similar idea just the other day. I would like to see some sketches of how you would think this valve would work . I would like to compare my ideas with yours...