"Afterburners on valveless pulse jets

Jets that defy normal classification

Moderator: Mike Everman

rtemple989

"Afterburners on valveless pulse jets

Post by rtemple989 » Fri May 15, 2009 5:38 pm

Hi, my name is Rick, im 19 and have been into pulse jets for quite a while now. Though ive been told many times that it is impossible to add an afterburner to any form of pulsejet, ive done my math and my understanding of physics is pretty A+. The way ive figured is that there has GOT to be a way to use an augmentation system to bring enough extra oxygen into the exhaust stream of a pulsejet and burn extra fuel in this stream by re-compressing the incoming air in a specially modified tube and using it to milk extra power out of an otherwise low thrust jet. I have several designs that ive been working on and have had much outside input from reliable sources...However u guys seem to be the experts and i wanted to get an expert opinion about it. My designs in no way interfere with the normal operation cycles of pulsejets and i dont see any way that it could even POSSIBLY interfere with the operation seeing as it is a separate device (quite like a very special augmentor!) All i need to know if this has been tried before so i can save myself the struggle of pursuing a losing battle with something that has already been tried with negative results...

Zippiot
Antipspambot question: 0

Re: "Afterburners on valveless pulse jets

Post by Zippiot » Sat May 16, 2009 4:54 am

In the ramjet forums somewhere is a ramjet being pumped by a valveless PJ, similar kinda but it worked very well if I recall.
Sailing Student- How do I know if my life jacket is tight enough?
Me- Can you breathe?
Sailing Student- Yes
Me- Then its too loose!

ace_fedde

Post by ace_fedde » Sun May 17, 2009 4:18 pm

Take a look at Eric Becks website, Beck-technologies.com, if I remember well. You will find the answer, and pictures, there.

Fedde
Your scepticism is fuel for my brain.

Eric

Post by Eric » Thu May 21, 2009 5:30 am

Yes its possible.

There are no isolated systems, the augmenters and afterburners are separate from the pulsejet, but that does not mean that the resistance, or pressure wave reflection they produce will not interfere with the pulsejet.

A lot of pulsejets will flame out simply by putting objects behind them, the reflected pressure pulses are enough to throw things off.

Here's a vid from almost 3 years ago now...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b0KJwa5iWTY

Talking like a pirate does not qualify as experience, this should be common sense, as pirates have little real life experience in anything other than smelling bad, and contracting venereal diseases