Air Hummer

Viv
Antipspambot question: 125

Air Hummer

Post by Viv » Mon Jun 16, 2008 12:52 pm

Yet another breakthough design of air car but this time a UAV with an enabling secret source to attract the investors

Main link
http://www.frontlineaerospace.com/vstar

Heres the secret source to make it fly
http://www.frontlineaerospace.com/microfire

A little extra discussion on another web site
http://www.aviationweek.com/aw/blogs/de ... 8dd5578ede

Viv
Attachments
frontline-vstar-image1.jpg
The Frontline air hummer with credits
VSTAR_p40_rev3.2_Page_14_Image_0002.jpg
Secret source recuperator
VSTAR_p40_rev3.2_Page_14_Image_0002.jpg (6.59 KiB) Viewed 5476 times
"Sometimes the lies you tell are less frightening than the loneliness you might feel if you stopped telling them" Brock Clarke

Viv's blog

Monsieur le commentaire

Bruno Ogorelec
Antipspambot question: 0

Re: Air Hummer

Post by Bruno Ogorelec » Thu Jul 03, 2008 10:08 pm

Well, if it worked, it would truly be a big thing. Lack of waste heat recovery is a major bummer in aircraft turbine engines.

Somehow, if it did work, I doubt people would be putting it into an 'Air Hummer' first.

tufty

Post by tufty » Fri Jul 04, 2008 8:10 am

Bruno Ogorelec wrote:Well, if it worked, it would truly be a big thing. Lack of waste heat recovery is a major bummer in aircraft turbine engines.

Somehow, if it did work, I doubt people would be putting it into an 'Air Hummer' first.
Why not? If nothing else, recovering waste heat means reducing thermal footprint, and thus making it less susceptible to attack using low-tech IR missiles. Looking at the available information, glide and autorotation don't seem to be terribly strong features, so if it loses its engines it's gonna turn from "air hummer" to "air brick" :)

Plus, fuel economy means either longer missions or more killing power.

Bruno Ogorelec

Post by Bruno Ogorelec » Fri Jul 04, 2008 8:51 am

I know that it would be excellent theoretically. After all, I've been preaching heat recuperation on pulsejets for years, to all and sundry, to the puzzlement of seemingly everyone.

What I doubt is that a serious, practical solution light enough to be used on a flying machine would be employed on a 'flying brick' first. For me, it's an alarm bell.

Viv
Antipspambot question: 125

Re: Air Hummer = Air Brick

Post by Viv » Fri Jul 04, 2008 4:42 pm

I love the way its subtly changed from Air Hummer to Air Brick in such a short time, personally I have a lot of alarm bells ringing over this one, it would be interesting to see some real detail and real third party validation of the claims as its easy to just rattle off techno mumbo jumbo as investors are not normally very technical people.
"Sometimes the lies you tell are less frightening than the loneliness you might feel if you stopped telling them" Brock Clarke

Viv's blog

Monsieur le commentaire