PDE Technology moving forward

Moderator: Mike Everman

Dang911
Antipspambot question: 0

PDE Technology moving forward

Post by Dang911 » Sat Apr 04, 2009 4:19 am

I have been a member of the pulse-jet community for some time and due to a conflict of interests there is much I cannot disclose. Anyway, I now have the green light to post this former DARPA proposal as its purpose overview went public. This is a great reserch explaining the use of a flying test bed for these newly developed engines both PDE and CVC although as it stands now they are leaning towards using the PDE at least from what I have worked on.

I present project VULCAN

http://www.darpa.mil/TTO/solicit/BAA08- ... ations.pdf
Louder is ALWAYS Better!!!

milisavljevic
Antipspambot question: 125

While you were sleeping...

Post by milisavljevic » Sat Apr 04, 2009 11:37 am

Dang911 wrote: I now have the green light to post this former DARPA proposal as its purpose overview went public.
Umm...Hate to bust your bubble, but this document has been PUBLIC for over NINE months.

..and you could find material about VULCAN online long before this document was published.
True, you needed to know how to use Google. Good to know you're keeping us so up-to-date!

M.

Btw., I believe the name is spelled "G-e-o-r-g-i-a".
no safe haven for merchant scum

for ye merchants who do the prop'r t'ing only if
ye be haul'd-up on charges b'fore ye ship-mates
an' threat'nd wit' forfeiture of all ye precious loot
hear this - so-called stand-up guys YE BE NOT

avast!
Cap'n M.

Viv

Re: PDE Technology moving forward

Post by Viv » Sat Apr 04, 2009 2:36 pm

Hi Dang911

Thanks for posting this to the community, as you can guess a number of people follow the various projects on these types of engines so its not unusual for some of us to have seen the data early in its release cycle.

The technology overall is still an answer looking for a question but if they can keep their funding levels then maybe we will see a real flight test program for a high speed airframe.

Viv
"Sometimes the lies you tell are less frightening than the loneliness you might feel if you stopped telling them" Brock Clarke

Viv's blog

Monsieur le commentaire

Dang911

Post by Dang911 » Sat Apr 04, 2009 2:40 pm

Yes congratulations you having obviously no experience working for the government or government projects don't realize that you can't just post stuff regardless if some stuff have become public or not, its called conflict of interest. Just because its been leaked or even made public doesn't give me the right or authority to blab about a project I am involved with, thus I did have to wait a time period before posting that. But seeing as your some kind of Google expert, I am sure you know everything about everything. I am really puzzled by your crap attitude when I don't recall this being posted on the forum, so you should just shut your mouth and be grateful that someone was nice enough to share this regardless of its age with the community.

and Viv, a PDE powered plane has already been flow, its getting pretty exciting!

Mike Everman

Post by Mike Everman » Sat Apr 04, 2009 2:53 pm

Thanks Dang, that was a good read. I'm not regularly searching for such stuff, but love to see it when it turns up.
Mike Often wrong, never unsure.

Viv

Post by Viv » Sat Apr 04, 2009 3:05 pm

Dang911 wrote:and Viv, a PDE powered plane has already been flow, its getting pretty exciting!
Hi Dang

Nice to hear things are progressing

Viv
"Sometimes the lies you tell are less frightening than the loneliness you might feel if you stopped telling them" Brock Clarke

Viv's blog

Monsieur le commentaire

Dang911

Post by Dang911 » Sat Apr 04, 2009 4:00 pm

Yea the current hurdle is liquid fuel. They want to run the engine on a common JP fuel which brings a lot of challenges to obtaining detonation; albeit it was relatively easy with ethylene or hydrogen. More energy is required to break the bonds of a complex carbon based fuel. The secret to a successful PDE will be clearing of the cycle, at the rates these engines become efficient the cycles are estimated to be in the high Hz, to KHz. At that point you run into the problem of not being able to push the flow fast enough to clear the chamber for the next cycle.

metiz

Post by metiz » Sat Apr 04, 2009 6:38 pm

We are talking valved PDE's here, right?
Quantify the world.

Dang911

Post by Dang911 » Sat Apr 04, 2009 7:09 pm

There are ongoing projects for both, but more of the valveless kind from what I see. They are using simple pressure differential to act as the valve timing the fuel/air.

Dang911

Post by Dang911 » Sun Apr 05, 2009 1:28 pm

Congratulations, you are way cooler than I thought...and still a dick, for there was no reason so shoot down a post of information that had not been presented on the forum for other members to enjoy. And unlike you, I rather not list out and disclose what I am involved in (for bragging purposed) as you clearly have no regards to government secrecy.

milisavljevic

So long, and thanks for all the fish!

Post by milisavljevic » Sun Apr 05, 2009 2:15 pm

Dear Gregory,

Such a breath of fresh air you are! With every post, you paint yourself as a true merkun!
As long as it makes you feel better about yourself...safe and secure in your little bubble. :oops:

Learn to separate the post from the poster.
... that PDE are a class of constant-volume combustors (CVC).
... the difference between a legitimate conflict of interest and sophomoric fantasy.

Stand under the shroud...and stand proud! With the future in your hands, we will prevail! :lol:

M.
no safe haven for merchant scum

for ye merchants who do the prop'r t'ing only if
ye be haul'd-up on charges b'fore ye ship-mates
an' threat'nd wit' forfeiture of all ye precious loot
hear this - so-called stand-up guys YE BE NOT

avast!
Cap'n M.

Dang911

Post by Dang911 » Sun Apr 05, 2009 2:33 pm

Right... I will take fault for that one, I mean to have said CDE.

For someone as important as you are, I am honored you take the time to format your cute pink letters and emoticons.

Mike Everman

Post by Mike Everman » Sun Apr 05, 2009 5:07 pm

I'm only watching at this point to make sure this argument stays funny...
Mike Often wrong, never unsure.