A book I got today

Moderator: Mike Everman

Mark

A book I got today

Post by Mark » Fri Jun 09, 2006 2:37 am

I haven't started reading it, I've company visiting but maybe tomorrow I'll dig up something of interest.
Mark

http://tinyurl.com/o49fa
Attachments
060608205604.jpg
(436.63 KiB) Downloaded 638 times
Presentation is Everything

Mark

re: A book I got today

Post by Mark » Fri Jun 09, 2006 7:13 pm

"To this effort, Lourenco and his colleagues at Florida State University made simultaneous measurements of velocity and temperature fields in a premixed jet flame using particle image velocimetry (PIV) and laser speckle displacement (LSD) techniques (Chapter 1)." ha
Mark

Mark

re: A book I got today

Post by Mark » Sun Jul 02, 2006 2:59 am

[Effect of nozzle configuration on PDE performance]

"The diverging nozzle offers the best performance. The plug nozzle functions equally well to the diverging nozzle, although the expansion pattern at the exit is much more complex. In all the cases studied here, the performance gain appears limited mainly due to the lack of a physical mechanism for preserving the chamber pressure during the blow-down and refilling process."
"In view of this deficiency, a choked convergent-divergent nozzle is employed. The nozzle has a length of 20 cm with a 45-degree convergent angle and a 15 degree divergent angle."
Does anyone remember that one valved engine design of Tharratt's, it's a straight tube with a little constriction at the exhaust end and then a flare? Hmmm...

There's also some tube seeding topic. They inject fuel on either side of the duct in long rows, when the jets interact, they cause vortexes that spin off. The fuel injectors aim at each other in pairs. Anyone in the U.S. can order/borrow this book for free from your library, which can borrow it for you from another library. It's good, but lofty.

Mark