Spin It On A Lathe

Off topic posts are welcome in this forum!
No smear campaign, or you will be banned!

Moderator: Mike Everman

Mike Kirney
Antipspambot question: 0

Spin It On A Lathe

Post by Mike Kirney » Thu Oct 30, 2003 8:11 am

Lately I've noticed that the messages of some participants have been peppered with references to controlled substances. This has given me an idea, and perhaps somebody out there with the required machining skills could give this a shot. It seems to me it would be relatively easy to spin a Dynajet-sized pulse combustor on a lathe using a one-pound brick of solid Morrocan hash as your construction material. If you were careful, you could make a valveplate from the same material and stick it on with some of that disgusting black weed oil bikers up in Sudbury are so fond of producing. You could bolt on your petal valves and retainer as you would normally, but you would have to be careful when torquing the nut, lest you crush the delicate hashish. Then you could close all the windows and fire up your $4500 hash-jet and fill your house with smoke. How long would it run before the tube got all crumbly and collapsed, or even better, just burst into flames? Would the noise of the jet drown out the Led Zeppelin blasting on your stereo?

Bruno Ogorelec
Antipspambot question: 0

Post by Bruno Ogorelec » Thu Oct 30, 2003 6:05 pm

Mike, that would be very wasteful, as most of your substnce would end up in shards all over the place.

Much better to make a valveless out of glazed clay.

Use it by first sloshing some pot slurry inside, so that a layer is deposited evenly over the inner walls. Dry is and then fire the jet.

You can listen to Led Zeppelin with a good set of earphones.

Another thought -- you could ride on a pulsejet-powered kart with this machine, but mount it in front, to pull the cart instead of pushing it.

It would (a) keep you warm, (b) pull you along and (c) bathe you in a soothing cloud of fragrant smoke while doing (a) and (b).

In severe winter weather, you might use the contraption to pull a sled. Put one up on Santa, who has to ride bathed only in a cloud of reindeer farts.

Bruno