Almost forgot how fun flying was ...

Off topic posts are welcome in this forum!
No smear campaign, or you will be banned!

Moderator: Mike Everman

luc
Antipspambot question: 125

Re: Almost forgot how fun flying was ...

Post by luc » Mon Feb 06, 2012 1:45 pm

Thanks ....

For my self, its was not "Embarasment" I was concern, but more about not having the "Resource" with me if something went wrong. But I think "Solo flight" is all about "Self confidence" trusting our self pilots, in our capabiliries to solve or pull our string if indeed something goes wrong. It's a nice feeling after all.

Talking about "Cliff" and "Embarasment" ... Look at this one, especially when the guy talks about " ... because I **** in my pants. This one would have been more then embarassing ... I would say "Deadly" ... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u7dxas9B9eA

Good day ... :wink:
Luc
Designer & Inventor

Mark

Post by Mark » Mon Feb 06, 2012 3:19 pm

It's just most things fun or rewarding have some cost in the bargin whether physical or mental. Sometimes though it's not always obvious or the first thing you think of.
Presentation is Everything

luc

Post by luc » Wed Mar 28, 2012 2:31 pm

Talking of "Rewarding" ...

I'm almost done with my "Mandatory" 6 hours Solo flight, with only one left to do, now having started my "Instruments" flight hours.

In fact, it seems I rapidely got my hand over this "Instruments flying" to the point "Blind VOR navigation" was added last week with no major difficulties to perform and stay "On cours". Probably because all the "Realistics" flight simulations I have behind my belt.

None the less, last week my instructor gave me a shot at an "Instrument landing approach" and will tell you, THIS ONE was nerve racking. We played the game of "He was the control tour and me the pilot in difficulties wanting to land. After apprx. 10 to 15 minutes of countless instructions, heading and altitude corrections, he finally gave me the "Ok look up" and here I was ... 400 feets of the ground, 500 feets from the runway and apprx. 50 feets off to the right ...

HAAAAAAAAAA ... Realign, fuel off, flaps down, cabin check, check wind, compensate crosswind, nose up ...... Touch down.

Talk about nerve racking ... But mostly talk about a very very rewarding experience too ...

Everything going so well, I'm actually looking into getting my own plane, my choice going toward a Lake LA4-200 Buccaneer, an amphibious that can land on water and ground, and/or crawl from ground to water or water to ground effortless (See the pictures).

Alot pilots love this bird, it's safe, fast for a single prop and very usefull ... Especially for cross-country flying and fishing ... He he he ... :wink:

And they are pretty fast too ... :lol:

Cya,
Attachments
Lake LA4-200 (4).jpg
Lake LA4-200.jpg
Lake LA4-200 (2).jpg
Lake LA4-200 (3).jpg
Lake LA4-200 (3).jpg (7.66 KiB) Viewed 13043 times
Luc
Designer & Inventor

luc

Post by luc » Sat Apr 07, 2012 12:08 pm

Heyyy Mark,

Look at this baby ... I have a Crush ...... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lF6gPosiys4

300 Hp, 172 Kts. max. 4 seater amphibian, with a 1500 milles range, 150 kts. crusing speed and 1200 lbs. payload. Stalling speed is only 57 Kts.

And I LOVEEEE that engine "Merlin" sound (End of movie).

Is'nt she a BEAUTY ... ?

Cya,
Attachments
Seawind.jpg
Seawind.jpg (6.01 KiB) Viewed 13009 times
Seawind 2.jpg
Seawind 2.jpg (8.43 KiB) Viewed 13009 times
Seawind 3.jpg
Seawind 3.jpg (6.52 KiB) Viewed 13009 times
Seawind 4.jpg
Seawind 4.jpg (4.89 KiB) Viewed 13009 times
Luc
Designer & Inventor

Mark

Post by Mark » Sat Apr 07, 2012 3:06 pm

Seems like you could do a lot of exploring but a plane is also quite an investment. I remember my Dad bought a Trojan fishing boat. I loved going deep sea fishing, seeing sea turtles, dolphins, flying fish, large sharks and catching big fish and such. But I think he only used it about 50 times over the years. You had to have the bottom painted every year and rent at the dock. A few times the weather became kind of iffy, as in Florida an afternoon thunderstorm can pop up out of nowhere. I recall seeing twin waterspouts one day and another boat intentionally driving very close to them getting hit with the spray. You see a lot of nature out on the sea, a tired bird landing on your boat, all sorts of things you might not imagine.
In talking to the owner of a marina one day, he remarked about a beautiful sixty foot sailboat, that the owner only took it out about once or twice a year. And I gathered that this was not that uncommon. Must be nice to have such luxuries competing for your time.
I think boats like planes are a lot of responsibility, but it all depends on how much enjoyment you get out of it. I liked the one plane in the video with a dolphin painted on tail, kind of a tropical look. ha

1988 10.5M Trojan Sea Trial Video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=riZQAKC8wrw

luc

Post by luc » Sat Apr 07, 2012 8:40 pm

Nice boat ... :wink:

Yeaaa ... It's true that often, boats or plane owner spend so much on their rig, that they don't have any more money to run them. Why do the spending in that case :lol:

As for my self, all my family is far away and I'm kinda tired of doing 6 or 10 hours driving back and forth, and you can trust me I will use my bird if I ever buy one. But I'm just shoping around for now.

Have a good easter,
Luc
Designer & Inventor

luc

Post by luc » Sat May 05, 2012 3:25 am

Hey Mark,

Did my "Long Travel" trip (199 Klm) last week, followed by one smaller 88 klm one ... Solo ... Yessssssss ...

Flying alone ... 3500 feet up over and around Lac St-Jean & Sagnay is SO COOOLLLL ...

Then, I got into the Bagotville Military base area, which includes the Alma Drone Exellency Center "Class F" area and the St-Honoré flight school area ... Ho My God ... HO MY GODDD ... Plane everywhere, Beech Sundancer left side, F-18 800 feet above, flight traing plane in my ass, another one right side, Radio Comms going CRAZY and Don't miss a SINGLE word ... HHHAAAAAAAAAAAAA .... I Wana go Homeeeeeeeeeeee.

When I got back landing, I went STRAIGHT home, lay down on the Sofa ... And Bye Bye Luc ... I was GONE in dream ...

But over all ... That was a most inpressive experience ...
Luc
Designer & Inventor

luc

Post by luc » Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:58 pm

Okeyyyy .... One more step done and behind now ...

Today, I did my M.O.T written exam and completed it with sucess.

So next step .... Flight Exam ... He he he ...

Cya,
Luc
Designer & Inventor

racketmotorman
Antipspambot question: 0

Post by racketmotorman » Sun Jun 10, 2012 10:52 pm

Hi Luc

Good to hear the flight training is going well ....................how many hours to go ??

Cheers
John

luc

Post by luc » Mon Jun 11, 2012 1:00 pm

racketmotorman wrote:Hi Luc

Good to hear the flight training is going well ....................how many hours to go ??

Cheers
John
Johhnnnnnnnnn ... Budyyyyyyyyyyyy ... How are you? Long time did hear from you ...

Yeap ... Flight training going very well indeed. Having done all my "Solos", "Dual short Nav" and "Dual Long Nav", I just need to do Solo Short and long Nav, then refresh all have seen up to now, and I will be ready for flight exam. I would say apprx. 10 more hours and I'm done.

Heyyy ... Nice to hear from you again ... And what's up by the way ... Still in building another wacky wacky super dooper state of the art gas turbine??? :lol: :lol:

Cya,
Luc
Designer & Inventor

racketmotorman
Antipspambot question: 0

Post by racketmotorman » Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:56 pm

Hi Luc

Alls well here , just in the process of moving house , 2 weeks to go .

LOL...............that first solo nav will be fun ............I can still remember mine after >30 years , fine crisp morning , not a breath of wind , engine sounding sweet and not a care in the world ...........sadly the first night solo nav was less memorable as were subsequent ones I paticularly didn't like being vectored out over the sea at 1,000 ft in pitch black darkness when on approach to Sydney International then told to land as fast as possible and vacate the runway as there was a heavyweight "up my arse" , well , words to that effect .............a bit stressful :-((

Yep , still thinking up "interesting" DIY turbine engines , hopefully I'll have my new workshop up and running by early in the new year , gotta get the shed built once I move in .

May you walk away from all your landings :-)

Cheers
John

luc

Post by luc » Tue Jun 12, 2012 1:16 pm

Alls well here , just in the process of moving house , 2 weeks to go .
Well ... One thing I don't have to worry about and as we just invested allot of money renovating our house, plus in a few weeks, we have a brand new swimming pool coming ... :wink:
LOL...............that first solo nav will be fun
I did a few back and forth between two airports here, so, I'm not that stressful about it. The worst for this up coming one is the fact that I have to go through a heavy air trafic area, croos a regulated class "F" military area with F-18 exercises and since few weeks now, another class "F" close to Alma where they now have intensive UAV activities. Last I was there, they diverted me away from my pre planed route, so I had to improvise without loosing my way and ended-up going through a loop where there was 13 other aircrafts in the circuit. And I have to redo it this time .... ALONE ... :lol:
I can still remember mine after >30 years , fine crisp morning , not a breath of wind , engine sounding sweet and not a care in the world ...........sadly the first night solo nav was less memorable as were subsequent ones I paticularly didn't like being vectored out over the sea at 1,000 ft in pitch black darkness when on approach to Sydney International then told to land as fast as possible and vacate the runway as there was a heavyweight "up my arse" , well , words to that effect .............a bit stressful :-((
Yeap ... It seems we always do remember these, but at the end, that's what cut the difference between "Pilots" and "Drivers" ... He he he ... And obviously, you did yours, so cheers to you budy ... :lol:
Yep , still thinking up "interesting" DIY turbine engines, hopefully I'll have my new workshop up and running by early in the new year , gotta get the shed built once I move in .
COOL ... So you will soon be back hand crafting one of these great turbines I guess ... :wink:
May you walk away from all your landings :-)
Yeaaaa .... I do plan this on a VERY serious basis ... But I've already been through serious shity landing conditions, so I know I can pull my string ... :wink:

Cheers,

Luc
Luc
Designer & Inventor

Mark

Post by Mark » Fri Jun 15, 2012 2:12 pm

Hi Luc,
Let me know if you have any creative thoughts up there while flying. I'll be expecting some great poety. ha
I've been having some lower back pain and haven't felt so great.
http://www.skygod.com/quotes/highflight.html

luc

Post by luc » Fri Jun 15, 2012 2:36 pm

Mark wrote:Hi Luc,
Let me know if you have any creative thoughts up there while flying. I'll be expecting some great poety. ha
I've been having some lower back pain and haven't felt so great.
http://www.skygod.com/quotes/highflight.html
NIce story ...

I don't think I will ever be able, or have the mind or even have the time for poetry up there ... Given all my attention torward "Don't hit anyone ... OR the ground :lol:

But thanks for sharing .... Nice, although tragic story ...
Luc
Designer & Inventor

luc

Post by luc » Fri Oct 26, 2012 5:56 pm

I am now ..... A PILOT ... Yesssssssssss ... :wink: :D

And by the way ... My partner and I got our Moose this year too ... :wink:

A very good year in perspective, and when we are good to life and others ... Life is usually good for us ... :wink:

Best refards guys ... :wink:
Luc
Designer & Inventor