Almost forgot how fun flying was ...

Off topic posts are welcome in this forum!
No smear campaign, or you will be banned!

Moderator: Mike Everman

racketmotorman
Antipspambot question: 0

Re: Almost forgot how fun flying was ...

Post by racketmotorman » Fri Oct 26, 2012 11:51 pm

Hi Luc

Congratulations on getting your "Wings" :-)

Cheers
John

luc
Antipspambot question: 125

Post by luc » Sat Oct 27, 2012 9:36 am

Congratulations on getting your "Wings" :-)
Heyyy John ... How are you buddy? ... :wink:

Yeaaaa ... Thanks. Went through my flight exam yesterday morning, with half of it being on the ground with questions about "Onboard mandatory paperwork, aircraft performances, endurance and specifics. Then, it was up in the air and I will tell you that when you the guy next to you is an M.O.T. examiner, you don't fly as relaxe.

But it went very well and in fact, I did pretty good with 99/125 score, which according to my examiner, was very good. In fact, he commented he appreciate signing the licence of a guy that is highly focused on safety, organization and readiness prior to departure.

I have to admit this examiner impressed me with his ability to make pilot candidates very confortable with his attitude. The guy was smilley, relaxe and I could feel he was not there to make flunk, but simply to review and evaluat a job I must do everytime I will be airborn, which he did with a smile.

Overall, I'm now a pilot and I'm very happy and proud of it.

Cheers Buddy,
Luc
Designer & Inventor

racketmotorman
Antipspambot question: 0

Post by racketmotorman » Sun Oct 28, 2012 4:10 am

Hi Luc

Going good down here , hopefully my new workshop is being erected this week , and I can get back into the turbine fun again .

It certainly helps to have a non threatening examiner when doing your flight test , its stressful enough without them adding an extra layer ..................heh heh , my examiner was sitting back eating his lunch whilst he had me doing the instrument flight segment , we'd run into non VFR conditions so he popped me under the hood and reached for his lunch box , nothing upset that guy , he'd been a bush pilot for decades before becoming the CFI at the flight school.

Congratulations again :-)

Cheers
John

luc

Post by luc » Sun Oct 28, 2012 7:22 pm

Yeaaa ... Hood flying is very nerve racking, especially if you get into 27 knots winds.

Overall, all went well and I now enjoying a bit of a break time.

Thanks for the congrads John,

Regards,
Luc
Designer & Inventor

Mark

Post by Mark » Tue Oct 30, 2012 1:39 am

Congrats on you pilot's license Luc. And good luck with your 101 ways to cook moose, they being so large. ha
Presentation is Everything

luc

Post by luc » Tue Oct 30, 2012 11:42 am

Congrats on you pilot's license Luc.
Thanks Mark ... :wink:
And good luck with your 101 ways to cook moose,
It's already in much smaller 1 to 2 pounds, rapped and frozen pieces .... So, no problems with the cooking ... :lol:
they being so large. ha
Large you say ... NO S H I T ... Heyyyyy ... I'm the one who pulled the beast out of the wood remember. MY GOD they are big and heavy. My partner brough the thing down 4:30 pm. and we were done bringing this thing at the camp @ 2:00 am (9:30 hours) and it was only 300 meters from the camp and we had a side aside Polaris 4X4 no kidding.

The problem was, the GPS provides distance from point to point in a straight line. But taking that moose out ment that we had to bring it out of a very very dirty valley, climb a mountain and all they way down on the other side. But I don't see the total distance being more then a 600 meters and it still took us 9:30 hours.

So Yeapppp ... They are big and heavy ... But today I can tell you he is good and TASTY ... :lol: ... :wink:

Cheers,
Luc
Designer & Inventor