Antigravity

Off topic posts are welcome in this forum!
No smear campaign, or you will be banned!

Moderator: Mike Everman

Alan Smith

Post by Alan Smith » Sat May 29, 2004 6:20 am

This is an extract of an article, EDITOR John Ozanich PUBLISHER Don Lemmon.

"If the government has no knowledge of aliens, then why does Title 14, Section 1211 of the Code of Federal Regulations, implemented on July 16, 1969, make it illegal for U.S. citizens to have any contact with extraterrestrials or their vehicles? I saw the training manual for Air Force firefighters once and it too had instructions for the recovery of 'other worldly' craft and pilots not of human origin."

Could somebody verify this please? It might have connections to what we are talking about.

Bruno Ogorelec
Antipspambot question: 0

Post by Bruno Ogorelec » Sat May 29, 2004 9:31 am

Why am I forever falling into discussions like this in the forum?

Alan,

You obviously enjoy the world's mysteries. This is OK. It is fun, too.

The world is a hugely complex place. It's physically enormous compared to human scale, it is fragmented into myriad different areas in terms of geography, climate, biology, race, religion, technology, tradition, politics etc. etc. It stands to reason that such a huge attic is crammed full of all kinds of stuff, old and new, including a lot of things that just don't make sense and are difficult to understand.

Now, there are two major ways of approaching those things.

One is, "Well, I obviously don't know enough about this; with enough information I will understand it better and things will click into place."

The other is "Well, there's a mystery here. Something odd is behind this. Must be some kind of conspiracy."

Both are legitimate ways of looking at things. However, my experience, borne by spending some 30 years in close and intimate contact with science fiction fandom, is that the former approach lets you have a life, while the latter becomes an end in itself. People who look at things in the first way approach life constructively. The suspicious become devotees of things mysterious, unexplained and borderline.

The problem in the latter approach is not that it is wrong. I have no way of telling that it is, or isn't. And, in the end, a life is a life, and you are welcome to it. As I said, it is sometimes even fun in a way.

No, the problem is that the people who pursue the latter approach never bother to explore the former. They never educate themselves well enough really to understand things. Muttering about mysteries is so much easier than mastering math and physics and engineering subjects.

You apply yourself to science and you find yourself gradually moving away from the borderline and mysterious. You discover how much fun 'straight' stuff is. You see how stuff that lurks in the dark corners is rarely important and most often has a very good reason for being neglected.

Again, I am not saying that the 'straight' guys are all right and the 'mystery' and 'conspiracy' guys all wrong. If I believed that, I’d never have become involved in pulsejets. The world is far too complex for such a simple explanation. I am telling you this from the perspective of a man who has avoided ‘straight’ paths most of his life.

What I am saying is that the 'straight' guys are playing with much better odds. It is up to you to choose your approach, but if you were betting money, you would probably hate the odds of the ‘mystery’ guys. Don’t let yourself be sucked in to the losing side.

Alan Smith

Post by Alan Smith » Sat May 29, 2004 1:06 pm

Ok, maybe I did get a little carried away by the secrecy thing. I initially wanted to explore the possibilities resultant from that subject. But some of the sites I visited during my research have dragged me into that concept.
Anyway, I don`t take this topic as a very serious one and the one that is gonna make us all sure of what is happening, I simply wanted to know what people know in this subject.

Bruno Ogorelec
Antipspambot question: 0

Post by Bruno Ogorelec » Sat May 29, 2004 4:38 pm

Alan Smith wrote:I simply wanted to know what people know in this subject.
Surprisingly little. Gravity is such a curious force. One of the last remaining truly big mysteries. I wish more attention were devoted to its research. Some people in this forum are quite enthusiastic about the possibility of preventing the exertion of gravity. It is certainly true that successful manipulation of gravity would solve so many problems that bother us now.

(But, as Hank has pointed out, it would certainly bring with itself a whole slew of new problems. That's the way the cookie crumbles. There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.)