Antigravity

Off topic posts are welcome in this forum!
No smear campaign, or you will be banned!

Moderator: Mike Everman

Alan Smith

Antigravity

Post by Alan Smith » Tue May 25, 2004 4:13 am

Anybody has leads where I can find some free plans of the SEG (searl effect generator). I`m not planning on building it but only understanding how it works.
How many of you think that true antigravity technology had been developped and is now kept secret by some governments?
There are some interresting sites about antigravity inwhich they talk of many inventers who researched antigravity over and over and each time the research reports disappear.

jmhdx
Antipspambot question: 0

Post by jmhdx » Tue May 25, 2004 8:25 pm

"An effect based on magnetic fields that generates a continual motion of magnetized rollers around magnetized rings (also called plates) producing electric energy and, under certain conditions, an anti-gravity effect that can be used for propulsion. Side-effects include negative ionization of surrounding air and a cooling of temperature around the device when in operation."
searleffect.com
B*stard, thats another one I've been beaten too.
I understand the principle of permanent magnets providing continuous rotary motion and vice versa, and have long dreamed of it, but anti-gravity, I'll let somebody else carry that burden. I was not put on this earth to make that happen.
Mike.

Alan Smith

Post by Alan Smith » Wed May 26, 2004 1:54 pm

50 views and only 1 reply. Is this fear I sense among you? Or you just don`t have anything to discuss about that issue?

Mike Everman

Post by Mike Everman » Wed May 26, 2004 4:59 pm

I'm sure it's 50 views and 50 opinions, all worth less than a cup of coffee!

I continue to hope that someday we will invent a gizmo that shields or negates gravitational forces, but I feel this specifically is intrinsicly impossible. Slightly more possible in my mind is reactionless thrust, or put in a cute way "grabbing onto and pulling yourself along the fabric of space-time". I've gone on at length here somewhere about it, and the people that work feverishly on it, and the conclusion is that we as a species are quite able to design things we can't understand. Usually when someone thinks they've observed the desired effect, it is because they are way in over their head analytically and with respect to rigorous test verification.

I do dream of it often, though, and some of my favorite times have been in trying to design a whirly-gig that has a net force without expendables. I've had equal fun debunking previous designs, but I am not immune from getting excited about it until I do. ("maybe this one is IT")

I am heartened by the concept, quoting myself: "surely in all of infinite space and time, some species has found a loophole in ANY one of the conservation laws that leads to a practical interstellar drive" the primary feature of which is that it outwardly seems to obey these laws...
Last edited by Mike Everman on Wed May 26, 2004 10:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mike Often wrong, never unsure.

tufty

Way OT, I know, but I couldn't resist

Post by tufty » Wed May 26, 2004 6:57 pm

Mike Everman wrote:"surely in all of infinite space and time, some species has found a loophole in ANY one of the conservation laws that leads to a practical interstellar drive"
Pink Floyd made "Interstellar Overdrive", which seems to work off a loophole in the laws of music. It didn't ought to work, but it does ;-)

Simon

Anthony

Post by Anthony » Wed May 26, 2004 9:51 pm

For the moment, we'll still fight gravity with reactors and props!
Anthony

Alan Smith

Post by Alan Smith » Thu May 27, 2004 4:20 am

I`ve went over some sites on the web. Here are some interresting things I saw:
The B-2 bomber uses electrogravitic machinary, it releases positive ions at the tips of its wings and negative ions from its engines. The negative ions also help cool the exhaust lowering the plane infrared signature.
There was something mentioned about element 115 related to some gravitational effects.
Spiders, while making a web, have been noticed to jump from branch to branch horizonally as if they weren`t affected by gravity.
Now I don`t necessarily support these sayings but many secrets of the antigravity reseach were exposed by army officers.

We can find many effects related to change of weight or lift on the web, but antigravity as I define it, is the the creation of a gravitational field that would repel the gravitation of the earth or escape its effect.

Bruno Ogorelec

Post by Bruno Ogorelec » Thu May 27, 2004 9:05 am

Alan,

I am skeptical, but don't let it deter you. (Not that it would, ha-ha-ha...)

My point, however, is not about the possible technology but about the idea of a major technology breakthrough as a well-kept secret. It is hogwash, dreck or whatever denigrating term you may prefer.

My profession is handling and processing of information. I can tell you from considerable experience that there is no such thing as a major secret. You can keep a design of a fuel injection pump secret, but not a major technological discovery.

First, everyone and his mother is after the same things. The military and the industry in each major country have the field well mapped, have very similar objectives and preferences and go after broadly the same things. that means that they also know about each other.

Second, you cannot have a big project spring up from thin air. Big projects are built on the foundations of hundreds of small steps. All those small steps are necessarily made in public, published in scientific journals etc. That is the way science and technology function.

Everyone with a pinch of gray cells -- and you have to have brains to be in science and R&D -- keeps track of what everyone else is doing and uses their results. They also put two and two together -- meaning that they make analyses of potential and forecasts of future possibilities. That means that everyone knows at least roughly where each field is headed.

It is totally, utterly impossible to develop a major technology like anti-gravity and keep everyone else from being aware that very big things are cooking on your stove. Look, even in the heavy isolation of World War 2, the opposed sides were quite well aware of what each other was doing, at least in rough terms. There is not a single major development in WW 2 on any side that was a complete secret to the other side. Sometimes, the target side chose to ignore the information, but that's a different kind of problem. My point is that the supposed secrets were not really secrets.

Finally, pray tell, why would anyone keep such an important technology under wraps? What would be the use of such odd behavior? Technology is not an end in itself, it exists to be used. One must make money from the thing, or derive power from it in some other way. No one lets truly powerful technology lay idle. Look back at the history of technology and find me an example of a major breakthrough that was suppressed and kept secret, rather than used.

There aren't any, just like there are no true, good cheap and simple jet engines to be found on the back pages of boys' magazines, no simple way to make your prick bigger, and no way to get out of debt without working your ass off -- no matter what smooth-talking people may be telling you.

Mike Everman

Post by Mike Everman » Thu May 27, 2004 2:06 pm

Bravo! 'Nuf said.

Alan Smith

Post by Alan Smith » Thu May 27, 2004 3:49 pm

Don`t think that I fully believe that antigravity technology has been invented. I never believe something unless it`s proved. But don`t take me as a skeptic either. I stand neutral stating some of the things I read and discussing them with you.

"Second, you cannot have a big project spring up from thin air. Big projects are built on the foundations of hundreds of small steps. All those small steps are necessarily made in public, published in scientific journals etc. That is the way science and technology function."
Some were published in scientific journals, like the on involving the biefield-brown effect which was thought to be antigravity at that time.

"It is totally, utterly impossible to develop a major technology like anti-gravity and keep everyone else from being aware that very big things are cooking on your stove. Look, even in the heavy isolation of World War 2, the opposed sides were quite well aware of what each other was doing, at least in rough terms. There is not a single major development in WW 2 on any side that was a complete secret to the other side. Sometimes, the target side chose to ignore the information, but that's a different kind of problem. My point is that the supposed secrets were not really secrets."
Then how come some people know about it? If it were a total secret, I wouldn`t have put this topic in the first place

"Finally, pray tell, why would anyone keep such an important technology under wraps? What would be the use of such odd behavior? Technology is not an end in itself, it exists to be used. One must make money from the thing, or derive power from it in some other way. No one lets truly powerful technology lay idle. Look back at the history of technology and find me an example of a major breakthrough that was suppressed and kept secret, rather than used."
If I were a one man government, I wouldn`t tell anyone of a superior technology and develop it silently so I can remain superior. If a war happened (let`s hope not), and it is going bad for my country, then I would reveal the full might of my superior technology.

You certainly may be more experienced in this field, but I felt that these points had to mensioned.

Bruno Ogorelec

Post by Bruno Ogorelec » Thu May 27, 2004 4:37 pm

Alan Smith wrote:Some were published in scientific journals, like the on involving the biefield-brown effect which was thought to be antigravity at that time.
Ah, but that's an isolated example. Major discoveries are surrounded by hundreds of contributions, hundreds of indications. A major technology is not an isolated gadget that you build in a laboratory and it works. It is dependent upon a hundred other technologies. It is like an octopus with hundreds of tentacles poking in other fields. Each of the pokes leaves a trace. Whoever is close to the field sees the traces, puts two and two together and sees at least a vague picture.

Isolated inventions on a major scale were last seen in the times of Tesla and Edison. It just doesn't work that way anymore. Simple things have been done. The things that remain to be done are not at all simple and cannot be done in isolation.
Alan Smith wrote:Then how come some people know about it?
Alan, I would put "know" into bold quotation marks. It's a shifty word. My aunt "knows" that people never walked on the Moon; that it was all hype and studio tricks. people hear, spread and believe in all kinds of urban legends.

Spend a few hours in a scientific library poring over "Current Contents" for the past five years. It's a publication that lists contents of all the world's major scientific publications and gives abstracts of the published works. Scan it for anything that might be connected to anti-gravity and you will have a rough idea of where the field stands -- or at least where it stood a year or two ago, which should be a pretty good indication. You will see that not much research is being done and that what little is done is too meager to merit serious attention, not to mention excitement.

We are a looooong way from even understanding basic things about gravity. The field is in complete infancy.
Alan Smith wrote:If I were a one man government, I wouldn`t tell anyone of a superior technology and develop it silently so I can remain superior.
Yes, but there is no such thing as a one-man government. Even North Korea, which comes the closest, is far from that concept. A man I know has spent some time there and had extensive contacts in the government and military circles in the country and he says it's not that different from anyplace else in terms of the way the balance of power works.

Running any country is a hugely complex task. Running a very well ordered and functioning country is damned difficult. One-man-rule countries are never very well ordered and functioning, so running them is a much bigger problem still. Such countries simply cannot afford to have a major technological resource lay idle, no matter how nice the idea may look to the cretin on the top. Such countries need money and they need power and they need influence, and all those things are hard to come by and have to be paid for. So, believe me, they all use their resources to the hilt, for that is only way the big honchos can stay in power.

Just look at the total inability of the big oil powers to control that resource properly. Even though it's theirs, they cannot even control the price too well, or even the amount they pump out. It is all ruled by a complex and intricate political-economic web in which they are dependent on many other countries and many other factors. The same is true of anything else you might think of.

What you are talking about does not exist in reality, only in fiction. Real world is a much more complex and difficult place and it is much less romantic.

Mike Everman

Post by Mike Everman » Thu May 27, 2004 5:20 pm

I watched as all significant research on PDE was pulled from University libraries in '85 or so. One day it was there for me to read, the next month I couldn't find any but the most useless reference. The reality is that they couldn't wrap thier arms around every researcher in that field of study. The move could not be missed by those in the know, but it's a pretty esoteric arena WRT the general public. While the US military is likely to have "brute forced" the concept into an aircraft in the early 90's that is still under wraps, the finer points are being worked, funded by defense dollars at all of the major institutions and manufacturers now.

Bruno Ogorelec

Post by Bruno Ogorelec » Fri May 28, 2004 12:42 pm

Let me stress that Matthew R. Edwards, the editor of this book on alternative gravity theory, "studied biology, biochemistry and plant ecology at McMaster University, York University and the University of Saskatchewan". Typical, I'd say. If you know something about science and para-science, it tells you a lot. It's very much like me, an economist and political analyst, being an authority on pulsejets. Caveat emptor.

Hank

Post by Hank » Fri May 28, 2004 8:54 pm

Hello- And then there are the negative long term effects of new technology implementation, either unseen in the myoptic blur of discovery or covered up in order to make a buck. Consider to yourself what the latent or active effects of Anti-Gravity Technology might be.
Parrallel Addendum: We are dependent on Hydrocarbon based fuels.
We have damn near sucked the Earth dry of the "ore" the fuels are based on. What readily available replacement is on tap? What will the effect of the depletion be due to our dependence on it?
Geopolitical location of the fields these "ores" are deposited in means we have a reciprocal transactional relationship with people who want to kill us.
The operating cycle of the engines creates poisons.
One fellow I spoke with a few times credited his invention (in the transportation field) with the rapid spread of disease.
Think it through, if you will. In 1971 I made the statement that we live in a world of increasing population and diminishing resources. Nothing has changed regarding that statement but the numbers.
Anti-Gravity? What physical laws would interplay with it to our detriment?
Perhaps the lift would provide a push unknown, or act as a beacon to critters whose sole intrest in us would be the nutrition we could provide.

Bruno, At the end of WWII a fellow by the name of Kammler was at the Ordruf extension of the Buchenwald Concentration Camp. He took his own life with poison. One of the papers near what was left of him in 1975 mentioned the B-29, DNA and an Allied operation named "The Manhattan Project". Secrets. Bah! Ain't no such thing. Kill the slaves who carried the chests.
Hank