Just a video of me being awesome :)

Off topic posts are welcome in this forum!
No smear campaign, or you will be banned!

Moderator: Mike Everman

Irvine.J
Antipspambot question: 0

Just a video of me being awesome :)

Post by Irvine.J » Sat Jun 19, 2010 3:17 pm

Just me being awesome... as usual. This is probably why i've been quiet for a while.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xdql36 ... -epic_auto
James- Image KEEPING IT REAL SINCE 1982
http://pulseairdefence.com
[url=callto://project42labs]Image[/url]

Irvine.J

Re: Just a video of me being awesome :)

Post by Irvine.J » Sat Jun 19, 2010 4:42 pm

Might add that the CODEMAN (Cody) was passing 1000 cc CBR's n stuff on that hotted out FZR-250 by having absolutely no care what so ever for his bike, (he considers it a piece of crap and doesn't care if he drops it) complete ball-grabbing confidence, and was simply epic to watch him pass 2 1000's and 600 in one big sweeping right hander on the outside at 140km/h! Go Cody ya freaking nutter!

tufty

Post by tufty » Sun Jun 20, 2010 2:05 pm

Little FZRs (250s and 400s) piss all over pretty much anything. Just keep the throttle open, keep the engine in the sweet spot, no need to brake. The 250s have an impressively high redline, too. 18K or so, no? Crazy bikes to ride.

Irvine.J

Post by Irvine.J » Sun Jun 20, 2010 9:54 pm

Yeah they rev out to 24 K :D The only downside is the straight really, in cornering they are badass! I'm in the market for a trackbike now, it was sooo much fun its retarded, and i don't wanna keep buying tyres for my road bike lol :D

tufty

Post by tufty » Mon Jun 21, 2010 6:37 am

My FZR (a 400) would stomp over *anything* in the twisties, you could ride round fireblades on the outside like they were standing still. Admittedly they'd do the same to you as soon as you hit a straight, but who rides down straight roads anyway? The "gentle" power delivery meant you could get on the throttle faster as you came out of the corner (and, in many cases, simply not "get off" the throttle at all), and their handling is sublime. Most comfortable bike to ride I've ever owned.

Oh, and *ahem* the FZR/YZR600 cyls / head / pistons on the 400 bottom end to give you a fast revving 560. That's what's technically called "a lot of fun". Or chuck an FZR600 lump in direct.

So many ways to void your insurance, so little time.

Irvine.J

Post by Irvine.J » Mon Jun 21, 2010 8:00 am

Yeah we were looking at putting a 600 engine in a 400 frame at one point but after looking around we can't even find a 400 thats half decent within any respectable price range. The search continues :)

tufty

Post by tufty » Mon Jun 21, 2010 11:19 am

Irvine.J wrote:can't even find a 400 thats half decent within any respectable price range
Ah, that's a bugger. Pre-EXUP 400's were two a penny in London when I got mine (well, surprisingly cheap compared to the other, newer, 400 screamers). The last mod I was considering, before it got taken away in the middle of the night and thoroughly roughed up, was putting an R6 front end on. By all accounts it's only a question of swapping the stem over between the two bottom triples, and improves the front end massively, in terms of weight, suspension, and braking. I already had a heavily uprated rear shock, so it was the logical next step.

If you manage to find a 400, they love Bridgestones.

Irvine.J

Post by Irvine.J » Mon Jun 21, 2010 4:50 pm

Lol this thing will have nothing but slicks on it ;) Track bike only :)
Mind you I'm a converted conti fan, the conti sport attacks I couldn't fault since i had them, even on the track. Next set i'll try the softer race-attacks but i'm sticking with continental I think, they just grab like a SOB and have a bit more agressive curvature to them so you roll into your corners a bit easier. For the track slicks its a toss up between the 3 big names Mich/Bridge/Dunlop but I'll need to ask someone in the know about that.

Johansson

Post by Johansson » Sun Jun 27, 2010 7:30 am

Track days are great fun, a month ago I went to one with my busa and before the day was over I chased R6´s around the bends and smoked them on the straight. :twisted:
Attachments
Bandag 4.jpg
Bandag 1.jpg
Bandag 2.jpg

Irvine.J

Post by Irvine.J » Sun Jun 27, 2010 11:19 am

Lol can i change the topic to "Us being awesome!" Rofl, badass dude ;) I'm still waiting for my professional shots when they come I'll upload them

Irvine.J

Post by Irvine.J » Sun Jun 27, 2010 11:53 am

If you haven't seen it yet, download "Keith Code - Twist of the wrist 2" Fucking awesome info for track days.

Johansson

Post by Johansson » Sun Jun 27, 2010 7:53 pm

Irvine.J wrote:If you haven't seen it yet, download "Keith Code - Twist of the wrist 2" Fucking awesome info for track days.
Good idea, I will *cough cough* buy the dvd right away. :D

You can clearly see on the pics that I don´t hang enough with my body, but considering my Goretex clothing, Pilot Road 2CT touring tyres and a bottomed out rear suspension I didn´t want to push the bike too hard. Even though I lost grip of the rear tyre out of a couple of bends the flag guy teased me of being too gentle on the throttle out of corners and braking too early into them.

Guess that he isn´t used to driving hayabusas, it is like bareback riding a drunken cow compared to a 600cc sportbike... :mrgreen:

Johansson

Post by Johansson » Mon Jun 28, 2010 7:48 pm

I agree with Keith that throttle control is the no.1 thing to keep in mind, I´ve done almost every newbie error they talked about but over the years I have found ways to get around them. The nearest buddy with a bike lives 900km away so I haven´t exactly had anyone to ask about this exactly so it has taken some time to get this far.

The track day was extremely helpful since I don´t like pushing my ability too far on public roads, I guess I am getting old enough to know I am mortal... :mrgreen:

Irvine.J

Post by Irvine.J » Fri Jul 16, 2010 9:50 pm

Mortality is a state of mind, like being awesome :D Lol :)
Yeah a track day is a wonderful thing, helps you to appreciate your never gonna hit the limits of traction on the street long as you ride right.
That video contained info i didn't know after 8 years of riding, and was just what i needed, a serious technical look at why you do the things you do. ;)
Ride safe bud.

tufty

Post by tufty » Sat Jul 17, 2010 6:44 am

Irvine.J wrote:Yeah a track day is a wonderful thing, helps you to appreciate your never gonna hit the limits of traction on the street long as you ride right.
As long as you're riding on roads that resemble a track, of course.

I've long been of the opinion that tracks should feature huge potholes, manhole covers on the best line through the bend, gravel, sand and dust positioned similarly, white lines that have been painted in teflon and covered in wet leaves, diesel slicks, buses (and pedestrians leaping out from behind same), and daft bints in ford fiestas coming round blind coners on the wrong side of the road.

Oh, and they should all be forced to use Cheng Shin tyres, for unlimited grip[1].

It'd spice up the MotoGP, don't you think?

Simon

[1] values of unlimited may range from "zero" to "don't lean that far, and certainly not whilst braking no, NOOOO, aaaaaargh"