fusion well of topic

Off topic posts are welcome in this forum!
No smear campaign, or you will be banned!

Moderator: Mike Everman

paul fellows
Antipspambot question: 125

fusion well of topic

Post by paul fellows » Sat Mar 13, 2010 4:27 pm

An outline for a working fusion reactor.

A catalysed D + D = He4 using the following steps.
I.Pb207 + D = Bi209.
II.Bi209 + D = Po211.
III.Po211 + D = At213 OR Po211 = Pb207 + a.
IV.At213 = Bi209 + a.
the first two steps being achieved by sonoluminescents fusion in liquid alloy.

Now in English for people like me
a fusion reactor can be made using a vat of molten Lead Bismuth alloy,witch acts as; the confinement for Deuterium plasma, coolant for the fusion core, radiation shealding in one small volume.
(1)Start with a vat of pure liquid Bismuth, witch will contain all of the radioactive process of the reactor. The Reason for starting with pure Bismuth rather then a Lead Bismuth alloy is, that Lead as three stable isotopes, and that Pb 206 would lead to the production of Po 210 witch as a half life of 138 days.
(2)Into this is placed the sonoluminescent generator shell. This is a sphere; with a large hole in the top and bottom, to allow the alloy to convect through it. skated around its inner surface are ultrasound transducers, witch focus all of the ultrasonic energy on the centre of the sphere One of the difficulties that people working with sonoluminescents in the past have had is finding the correct frequency to drive the system at. I would suggest that one of doing this would be; to have ultrasound pick-up the in side of the sonluminescent generator shell, to select the lowest frequency that it detects as fundamental frequency of the system electronically producing the prime harmonics of this frequency and using these harmonics, after suitable time delay, to drive transducers in the sonoluminescent generator. One advantage of this system is that the sonoluminescent bubble becomes its own oscillator and remains locked on fundamental frequency of the system even though that frequency witch changes as the liquid metal gets hotter.
(3)Small bubbles of Deuterium are slowly passed up into the centre of the luminescent generator shell, where ultrasonic temporally holds it subjecting it to considerable presser, until this is dislodged by deuterium coming up from below. The gas leaving the sonoluminescent generator shell is filtered and the Deuterium is recycled.
The reason why this may work when uncatilyzed Deuterium Deuterium sonoluminescent is doubtful is, that Lead and Bismuth both have large nuclei with lots of neutrons in them. Making Deuterium Lead collision far more likely than a Deuterium Deuterium collision.
I have been deliberately vague about how much metal because although the sonoluminescent fusion may may be achieved in a one-liner flask, in a reactor there is a need to conduct the heat of the reaction to the generators, at a sensible temperature. That means the coils of the boiler tubing immersed in the molten metal out side of the sonoluminescent generator shell.
two test tickles