dave's corner

Off topic posts are welcome in this forum!
No smear campaign, or you will be banned!

Moderator: Mike Everman

Dave_G
Antipspambot question: 0

dave's corner

Post by Dave_G » Thu Oct 19, 2006 3:50 am

milisavljevic wrote: My previous, immature comments have been redacted by request of our most wise and munificent moderators.

Mike, you've denied that these jibes have been aimed at Bill or myself. There's your admission of guilt right there, in that it was made subsequent to Bill's post, which you've already deleted, and at your request, without any denial.

Again you're closing the barn door after the cows have escaped. Either allow a no-holds-barred free-for-all where anything goes except profanity, or institute a simple rule: No personal attacks, or that post gets deleted. Let eveyone know what the rules are, and the expected behavior beforehand. Or declare a free-for-all.

"Milisavljevic" has finally achieved his objective: driving Bill from the forum. So of course is happy to redact his "previous, immature comments", now that the damage is done and his objective in eliminating Bill's postings has been acomplished.

Bill's contributions have been a great asset to this forum. He's a more prolific WHILE rigorous builder than anyone else here. When it comes to sharing his knowledge, the only person here who shares more freely than Bill, is Larry.

I seriously hope Bill will reconsider his position, for all of our sakes.

[/i]

Mike Everman

re: dave's corner

Post by Mike Everman » Thu Oct 19, 2006 4:11 am

Dave, I have never once denied any such thing. I said I didn't care what "black fly alliance" meant, and I still don't. I think it in very poor taste to broadcast M.'s name, and I have edited it out of your post. You can always bring a gripe to me.
Mike Often wrong, never unsure.

Dave_G

Re: re: dave's corner

Post by Dave_G » Thu Oct 19, 2006 4:30 am

Last edited by Dave_G on Thu Oct 19, 2006 5:50 am, edited 2 times in total.

Eric

Post by Eric » Thu Oct 19, 2006 5:22 am

Wait... so the black fly aliance was, secretly, an attack on Grandpa Bill's impeccable stature, trustworthyness, and all that is good and holy?

And now Grandpa Bill, has decoded the secret message from tips from people off the forum, saying that the black fly alliance made up of him and yourself, but there is no behind the scenes alliance...

Since you seemed to have talked to Mike about this can we presume that you also talked to Grandpa Bill about this too? Havent you talked to grandpa bill before on numerous occasions? Do you not post how Bill is god and everyone else is shit on every occasion you can?

What exactly are you denying here? That you and he do not talk or collaborate? You are eager to praise him at every chance you get, while tactically pulling hit jobs on others. Your posts seem so organized and scripted that any idiot and his dog would smell something fishy.

Im sure you will take this as an attack, but from Day 1 when you joined I suspected that you were an alter ego of Grandpa Bill. I even posted a reply to the effect of "hmmm "dave" I only know of one other person who would post a response to me in exactly that way.

I was so sure of it! (actually I cant be entirely sure that you are not actually Grandpa Bill to this very day)

You tried to bait me while touting how great Grandpa Bill was and how I never do anything for the forum or the members from the very beginning. Someone doesnt show such behavior when they just join a community and have no previous relations to any of the members.

Come on lets get real here..... This whole thing is just the latest in a chain of publicity stunts. Oh my freaking god! He (alledgedly insunuated) that there is an alliance between you two. WHO GIVES A F*****G CRAP

Talking like a pirate does not qualify as experience, this should be common sense, as pirates have little real life experience in anything other than smelling bad, and contracting venereal diseases

El-Kablooey

Post by El-Kablooey » Thu Oct 19, 2006 3:21 pm

Good grief, what is wrong with all you people??????????

I feel like I'm back in junior high school.

Mike, and all the other mods, you do a fine job!

Bill and Dave, why do you let such childishness bother you? Just ignore it and it will go away. I'd rather see the childishness dissapear than valuable forum members.

tufty

Re: re: dave's corner

Post by tufty » Thu Oct 19, 2006 5:07 pm

El-Kablooey wrote:Good grief, what is wrong with all you people??????????

I feel like I'm back in junior high school.
I have to agree 100%. Grow the **** up, everyone. Take the ****ing personal **** offline.

Simon

The above took me over an hour to write, it's gone backwards and forwards from long diatribe to short and concise to cancelling the post several times. I apologise if the language offends, but to be honest it's toned down an awful lot from what I really feel like posting (so sue me, I'm capable of being a foul-mouthed bugger at times).

Dave_G

Post by Dave_G » Thu Oct 19, 2006 5:26 pm

El-Kablooey and Simon,

Thank you, Gentlemen, for your good advice.

I shall try to heed it. In the spirit of your example, Simon, I'll leave it at this.

By the way, Mike and I have settled our differences by taking turns punching each other in the shoulder until our knees buckled, and we are buds once again.

Dave

Mark

Post by Mark » Thu Oct 19, 2006 11:16 pm

My name, Mark, is taken from Mars, the god of war. Yet it is funny that astronauts will face the god of war, the planet Mars. You see, it has always stuck with me the topic of going to Mars. And that is that it is not the physics of it that some have said to be the hardest, but the worry of how people will get along for so long a time for so long a journey to the red planet.
I remember watching a show about Mr. William F. Buckley who sailed across the Atlantic with a few other couples. They all had their own cabin, yet he said he would never do that again. I think "it" might be happening here, that the long strange trip has proven somewhat tiresome. Anybody see some land yet. ha ha
Mark
Last edited by Mark on Thu Oct 19, 2006 11:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Presentation is Everything

Mike Everman

Post by Mike Everman » Thu Oct 19, 2006 11:25 pm

Thanks for that, Mark.

Anders Troberg

Post by Anders Troberg » Fri Oct 20, 2006 6:32 am

No offence to anyone, but skins may be a bit too thin around here.

You can't get everybody to like you. In fact, someone will always hate you. So, the trick then becomes having the right people hate you. I, personally, take great pride in being hated by some people who I do not respect, as being hated by idiots is a sure sign I'm doing something right.

It would be a great loss for us all if Dave or Bill left, probably including themselves in the long run. At least don't make any definate commitments to leaving for good, just take a time out and let it rest for a while. No use burning bridges if you don't have to.

Dave_G

Post by Dave_G » Fri Oct 20, 2006 1:37 pm

Thanks, Anders, I appreciate that.

I'm over it, and I'm not leaving.

The thing I've learned from this is that Idiots are a lot like apparitions. One gives them power by paying them heed.

Anders Troberg

Post by Anders Troberg » Fri Oct 20, 2006 5:39 pm

The thing I've learned from this is that Idiots are a lot like apparitions. One gives them power by paying them heed.
Or as someone once said: "Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."

Jonny69

Post by Jonny69 » Sun Oct 22, 2006 3:23 pm

Jesus you lot. No wonder I and a number of others don't bother coming here much any more. I'm literally shaking my head.

Edit: In fact this thread has confirmed it for me. I've packed up my sig and I'm off. You can find me at Retro Rides, I doubt I'll be posting here any more with all this bravado, b.s. and I Know More Than You Do.

Mike Everman

Post by Mike Everman » Sun Oct 22, 2006 4:38 pm

Too true. It is difficult for some to keep their personalities in check, and written language makes for a poor messenger, unless great care is taken in writing.
You'll be missed, Johnny. I hope you'll reconsider and drop by once in a while. There are always occasional abberations that we must get passed.

Anders Troberg

Post by Anders Troberg » Mon Oct 23, 2006 8:40 am

Edit: In fact this thread has confirmed it for me. I've packed up my sig and I'm off. You can find me at Retro Rides, I doubt I'll be posting here any more with all this bravado, b.s. and I Know More Than You Do.
Check back now and then, hopefully people will sober up and behave like adults again after a while...