The future of Jet travel?

Off topic posts are welcome in this forum!
No smear campaign, or you will be banned!

Moderator: Mike Everman

Jim Berquist
Antipspambot question: 0

re: The future of Jet travel?

Post by Jim Berquist » Fri Jul 28, 2006 12:27 am

Anders! Liked that one. I arrived in London in 1979 and was freezing to death! It was 50F and when I left Tucson 24 hours ago it was 114F..
Here I was on the 207 Uxbridge bus going to work and they thought I was a Nutter...I was Garbed in a field jacket with two liners....

In a few months people were passing out in the streets, it hit 85 F....

Hautaki! Don't give people to many Idea's.... It sounded to much like Soylent Green to Me!!!!!

Hell here in New Mexico, we could most likely provide more then a few barrels!!!

I'm ether slow or just plain stupid. How is it the people on well fair eat better then I do? I want the free house, the free food, the free loans...Not!!!!!!!

Jim
WHAT TO FRAP, IT WORKED![url=callto://james.a.berquist]Image[/url]

vhautaka

Re: re: The future of Jet travel?

Post by vhautaka » Fri Jul 28, 2006 9:46 am

berquistj@peoplepc.com wrote: Hautaki! Don't give people to many Idea's.... It sounded to much like Soylent Green to Me!!!!!

Hell here in New Mexico, we could most likely provide more then a few barrels!!!

I'm ether slow or just plain stupid. How is it the people on well fair eat better then I do?
Actually in Huxley's Brave New World they were taking dead people to fertilizer plants immediately after they died.

But I guess live people will contribute more to the industry, what with the tons of excrement and organic household waste that we produce during the average lifetime.

The fat people on wellfare might not eat so _good_, or even a lot. A diet of beer, snacks and big macs, in any proportion to each other, is all you need to get a disability benefit for not being able to move. Also depression.

Tom

Post by Tom » Fri Jul 28, 2006 10:12 am

tufty wrote:Frankly, Lordi winning Eurovision was a disgrace. The Lithuanians should have won it.

Simon
Simon,

As far as I was concerned, I thought Eurovision was just an excuse for Terry Wogan to knock a few back and risk his job yet again with some of the commentary he comes up with...

I remember one line this year, I think in relation to the French, went something like "Well these people obviously just don't care anymore..." The commentary is all I watch it for, I swear.

Tom
Experience speaks more then hypothesizing ever can. More-so in chemistry.

Jim Berquist

Post by Jim Berquist » Sat Jul 29, 2006 12:19 am

Vhautaka! Sorry I butchered your name.

Hay! I drink a few beers every day when I get home. I start work at 06:00 or 05:00, Work at least 9 hours and up to 11. Only 8 on Saturday. I refuse to eat in a restaurant. Mostly Mc Yuck!!! I weigh 153 at 5'7...I don't know how much I could contribute. Come the time , I would love to become Jet Fuel!!!!!!!!!!!

Let's see? $250.00 to be BB-Q'ed.......$5000.00 to be place in a box and fed to the worms . Or some corp, pays my wife for the rendering! Take away the oil, you get not but minerals. Use it to heal the sick. God made me and God will use me. I started as Star Dust and I will End as Star Dust. I really have no choice I WILL BE RECYCLED !!That's a no brainier. MY GOD wouldn't care as long as I made it there...

A atom is a atom is a atom...I choose to become a useful atom.....

Jim

El-Kablooey

Post by El-Kablooey » Thu Aug 03, 2006 5:23 am

Bo Danerius

Post by Bo Danerius » Thu Aug 03, 2006 6:53 am

Anders Troberg wrote:

+15 °C:
The Spanish use cap, gloves and winter jacket.
The Finnish try to get a tan.
So true. During a trip to Barcelona in november it hit a sunny 15 celsius. We walked about in tees gasping in the sun getting stared at by the locals in cap, gloves, jacket + heavy boots.

/Bo

Jim Berquist

Post by Jim Berquist » Thu Aug 03, 2006 11:22 pm

El-Kablooey! good link....Here in New Mexico, we have a water shortage for most of the year , Yet we have a major size dairy about every 50 miles in any direction. They grow hay all around the place in the desert! Pump what water is down there and give it to the cows. And then they hold water back to support the meager population of the Silver Minoes we have. Of course we do have the Monsoons once in a while..For real, my road is 2/10 of a mile long and it has been under 2' of water the last three days.....See my post "I'm board too" Google Earthed my house and property. Feast or therst......Water not here but you see what I was talking about. (off topic)......I do have a John Boat to get the mail box on the main rd.....Ha!!!!
Jim
Attachments
flood.gif
flood.gif (27.32 KiB) Viewed 8078 times

Mark

Post by Mark » Fri Aug 04, 2006 12:05 am

Bo Danerius wrote:
Anders Troberg wrote:

+15 °C:
The Spanish use cap, gloves and winter jacket.
The Finnish try to get a tan.
So true. During a trip to Barcelona in november it hit a sunny 15 celsius. We walked about in tees gasping in the sun getting stared at by the locals in cap, gloves, jacket + heavy boots.

/Bo
There was a lady I remember that came in the library from Sweden, her face was very red and the outside heat had gotten to her. It was kind of funny because I felt fine and she was melting.
Mark
Presentation is Everything

larry cottrill

Post by larry cottrill » Fri Aug 04, 2006 2:05 pm

vhautaka wrote:[The fat people on wellfare might not eat so _good_, or even a lot. A diet of beer, snacks and big macs, in any proportion to each other, is all you need to get a disability benefit for not being able to move. Also depression.
It has been stated that Western cultures are the only places where poor people are much more overweight (on average) than the middle class and the wealthy. It has been shown that in the US, a nutritious meal prepared at home costs TWELVE TIMES AS MUCH PER CALORY as junk food purchased from our ubiquitous vending machines.

L Cottrill
Last edited by larry cottrill on Fri Aug 04, 2006 3:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mark

Post by Mark » Fri Aug 04, 2006 2:36 pm

http://www.newstarget.com/009303.html
I heard on the news this morning that Chicago is thinking about banning partially hydrogenated vegetable oils in restaurants.
Mark
Presentation is Everything

Jim Berquist

Post by Jim Berquist » Sat Aug 05, 2006 1:02 am

I for one do not eat out at restaurants. I can eat some form of steak for the price of a of good hamburger in a restaurant. We eat simple and good to the most parts with the exception of green vegetables. Why are greens so damm expensive??? Green vegetables seem to all cost about $1.00 or more per portion...The stuff you get at the store seems to all be anaemic missing the green color.

Then after all of that , as soon as I get home at the end of the day I sit down and enjoy a can of barley soup "beer" and smoke a cigarette!!!!HA!!