Mike E in UK

Off topic posts are welcome in this forum!
No smear campaign, or you will be banned!

Moderator: Mike Everman

Jim Berquist
Antipspambot question: 0

re: Mike E in UK

Post by Jim Berquist » Tue Jun 13, 2006 12:49 am

Looked like you had some serous toys to play with there! What as the Beast with 3 intakes???? Would it fit on my Yerf-Dog go cart? How many lb's did she through? I don't know where you live, but I miss the cool weather about now that they have. The old homes are cool too. Some Winters sucks!.....It gets cold and wet!!! If I parked that engine on the top of my go cart with the 7 hp gas engine to get around, I think I may get some attention!!!

I left England back in the year1985!! I may get back!

Jim
WHAT TO FRAP, IT WORKED![url=callto://james.a.berquist]Image[/url]

Jim Berquist

Post by Jim Berquist » Tue Jun 13, 2006 1:21 am

Hi ViV!

Yes I know Hywcombe! It was the closes place I could get medical attention of the military Type...Food of the American Type and the best cheese I ever had! Being from London " RAF Uxbridge" The next best place was RAF Upper Heyford . Now they had food! T-Bone steak 35 cent a LB......This Steak came from America and taste completely different from English Beef! I lived there from 1979 to 1985, I'm Shure much has changed........

Jim

Nick

Post by Nick » Tue Jun 13, 2006 11:17 am

Jim if you want cheese, i live about 5 miles from Cheddar itself! Cheese is REALLY big there, like Wallace and Grommit really :-)

Nick

Jonny69

Re: re: Mike E in UK

Post by Jonny69 » Wed Jun 14, 2006 12:04 am

Graham C. Williams wrote:Jonny69.Just outside London - South or North? I live near Blackheath. I'd be happy to car share with anyone with a motor.
Graham.
No way! We're practically neighbours, I live in Beckenham right by the cinema! We'll have to meet up for a beer on the heath while the weather is nice and nose in each others' garages. I can't car share mine just yet as I'm on a bike until I finish my car, a suped up Ford Anglia, but not sure if that's going to be very comfortable on such a long journey.

Jim, I know High Wycombe and RAF Uxbridge too. I was at university over the road at Brunel and one of my buddies lived in H.W. Small world eh?

Jon

Jim Berquist

Post by Jim Berquist » Wed Jun 14, 2006 12:33 am

Nick!

I really don't want to NICK the thread! Ha!

E-Mail me about the cheese! Did you know that people here in the USA really believe Cheddar cheese is orange! I guess the dye makes it taste better for them? If you want to see dance in the sky, send me about 10lb of boiling bacon....You know pork butt curred as bacon! Or maybe ,rashers! Or maybe some Lucas Aid.....Oh Yea Lucas Aid....

Sorry Got carried away! Ha! Boiling bacon, Cabbage ,Potatoes , Carrots Oh Dam starting again!!!!!

Please E-Mail.......Jim

marksteamnz

Post by marksteamnz » Thu Jun 15, 2006 8:29 am

It really is a small world I was in the UK for our yearly family visit 24th May to the 9th of June Stayed at mother in law's near Abingdon, in London for one night, then to Herne Bay in Kent and finally Charleston manor near Brighton.

During our time we were talking to a chap selling excellent ale and he had been to New Zealand and he owned a place at Birdlings flat..........My folks had a holiday shack there when I was a kid, it's so small and remote most New Zealanders haven't heard of it. I do love serindipity like that.

The one thing I do miss now I'm back is good English beer. Harvey's from Lewes for example, the brewers must have sold their souls to the devil to make that wonderful stuff.

Should have thought to ask about meeting PJ enthusiasts while I was over.
Cheers
Mark Stacey
www.cncprototyping.co.nz