Tell us where you live with Google Earth!

Off topic posts are welcome in this forum!
No smear campaign, or you will be banned!

Moderator: Mike Everman

Johansson
Antipspambot question: 0

Tell us where you live with Google Earth!

Post by Johansson » Fri Dec 02, 2005 9:45 pm

Google Earth is an amazing program which allows you to view the entire earth from above, major cities can be zoomed in so close that you can see people on the streets, important landmarks are linked to websites with info and much more...

The program can be found on earth.google.com and is streaming when used so a quick internet connection is needed.

By adding a "placement" pin on the map and saving it you get a .kmz file which is opened by others just by double-clicking on it and it appears as a new placement on the globe. To upload it you have to rename it from .kmz to .zip, just rename the file back to .kmz after downloading and klick on it.

My place of birth and living is a small village named Norråker in the north of Sweden, I travel a lot in my work as a fiber optical engineer but heads back home to my garage and family whenever I can...

//Anders
Attachments
Johansson´s place.zip
(456 Bytes) Downloaded 372 times

leo

re: Tell us where you live with Google Earth!

Post by leo » Sat Dec 03, 2005 9:18 pm

And here I live you see its in the middle of a small village, lots off neighbours to annoy with running pulsejets.
And a picture from the Dutch version of TerraExplorer.
Here is the link for the international version maybe you can get better pictures from your village to.
http://www.terraexplorer.com/corporate/ ... e_home.asp
Attachments
leo's place.jpg
leo's place.jpg (112.22 KiB) Viewed 4725 times
leo's place.rar
(561 Bytes) Downloaded 368 times

paul skinner

Post by paul skinner » Sun Dec 04, 2005 3:28 pm

Apparently. Where I live, is a large fuzzy land mass, next to a solid blue....thing. Lake I suppose. Funny, how some areas are so well defined in Google Earth, and others look like they've been taken with Vaseline smeared on the lens.
Attachments
barrie, ontario.zip
(457 Bytes) Downloaded 346 times

El-Kablooey

Post by El-Kablooey » Tue Dec 06, 2005 2:29 am

Wow! this is cool, kind of scary, but still cool. I actually found a buddy's truck in his driveway! About 1/2 mile from my house everything goes fuzzy green though :(.

Here's a shot of a remote mountaintop in the center of Jamaica. I wonder if that's a field of soybean plants, corn, or what?
Attachments
jamaican agriculture.zip
(561 Bytes) Downloaded 348 times
On an endless quest in search of a better way.

Bruno Ogorelec

Re: re: Tell us where you live with Google Earth!

Post by Bruno Ogorelec » Tue Dec 06, 2005 9:14 am

El-Kablooey wrote:Here's a shot of a remote mountaintop in the center of Jamaica. I wonder if that's a field of soybean plants, corn, or what?
You do, don't you? Bwahahahaha...