HOLY CRAP!! Check this out!

Off topic posts are welcome in this forum!
No smear campaign, or you will be banned!

Moderator: Mike Everman

El-Kablooey
Antipspambot question: 0

HOLY CRAP!! Check this out!

Post by El-Kablooey » Tue Jun 21, 2005 8:53 am

I don't know if any of you have ever heard of this or not, if this is real it could be the end to all the worlds energy problems in a box. They do have a patent, the patent office doesn't give out patents to devices which do not work. I want one!

http://jnaudin.free.fr/meg/meg.htm
On an endless quest in search of a better way.

larry cottrill

re: HOLY CRAP!! Check this out!

Post by larry cottrill » Tue Jun 21, 2005 1:18 pm

El K-

Unfortunately, there are a couple of difficulties here. First of all, it is a pipe dream to imagine that all patented or patentable devices must be working designs - that simply isn't true. The patent office tries to determine whether the principle described is reasonable, but their main concern is making sure that it is in some way unique and not an "obvious" development of something already being done.

The other problem is that "permanent" magnets are not produced without expending energy. It takes plenty of energy to create the alloys [or in some cases, carefully structured mixtures of metals and non-metals] AND it takes energy to magnetize them in the desired direction so they can be used. Magnets cannot supply a full dose of magnetic energy forever; in constant use, their magnetism becomes diminished, and they would eventually have to be refreshed or replaced. Magnets are wonderful things, but they aren't a "free lunch" of usable mechanical energy. Magnetic motors will also produce waste heat that needs to be radiated / conducted off, especially if there are metal parts in the motor assembly.

Where a purely magnetic engine or motor [and by extension, generator] would really shine is in situations where the failure of an external power source would be disastrous, such as guidance gyros in high-velocity vehicles or in things like deep space probe applications. In other words, situations where you need a motor that will take a long time to run down in a hazardous or highly isolated environment.

Just my opinion.

L Cottrill

El-Kablooey

Post by El-Kablooey » Tue Jun 21, 2005 5:39 pm

I agree with you on most of your points, Larry, but maybe I misunderstand you, or maybe you didn't read through the sites technical data enough. I'm not sure. The MEG is a MotionLESS energy generator, it has no moving parts. It harnesees the energy waves that are present everywhere, and currently not used at all. space is completely permeated with these longitudinal waves. I think it was Nicholai Tesla who first recognized this. He constructed a simple device consisting of a large sheet of an insulated conductor which he placed high in the air on a tree or something, he said the higher the better. A wire ran from this sheet to the ground, another wire to a capacitor, which would build a charge and could eventually be discharged. Other scientists of the time called this solar energy even though Tesla had shown how this setup could work even on the darkest of nights. He theorized it was harnessing the EM waves given off by the universe, that celestail bodies acted as dipoles and their energy was everywhere around us. He also stated that the earth was a vast bank of negative electricity, overlooked and unused to its potential. I believe this MEG is tapping into the same EM resources that Tesla theorized. If you read the reports on the site, they are aiming to soon produce MEGS that give a constant 2.5KW with no moving parts, no fuel, no solar panels, and no batteries, 2.5KW for the life of the device free energy. Magnets may wear out, I don't know for sure but I would think that rare earth magnets would last a very very long time.

Read through the technical data, and maybe you'll see this a little differently, tryr not to be pessimistic about it, I think You'll see how this system could actually work.

skyfrog

Post by skyfrog » Tue Jun 21, 2005 6:32 pm

Interesting topic, my interruption please if you don't mind.

Just for curiosity, what typical density of energy in the space EM wave could carry for MEG to harness ? As an analogy to wind turbines, how much power we get depends on the wind speed, if there's no wind, dead turbines, no power at all.

How big a MEG we must built to get power comparable to a offshore wind turbine ?

I am engineer, not a scientist.
Long live jet engine !
Horace
Jetbeetle

leo

Post by leo » Tue Jun 21, 2005 7:06 pm

So far I can see the last update off that page is the beginning of 2003, I think its probably not working. I seen many claims off free energy but non have been on the market and proven by that fact.
I believe almost anything will be possible in the future including free energy.
As a example check this out http://www.firstgravitymachine.com/

larry cottrill

Re: re: HOLY CRAP!! Check this out!

Post by larry cottrill » Tue Jun 21, 2005 8:15 pm

El-Kablooey wrote:I agree with you on most of your points, Larry, but maybe I misunderstand you, or maybe you didn't read through the sites technical data enough.
Well, you are correct - I gave it short shrift, thinking that it looked like a re-hash of a couple of things I had already seen. I will take another look!

Apologies,

L Cottrill

marksteamnz

Post by marksteamnz » Tue Jun 21, 2005 8:23 pm

They are wrong. There are a numerous sites offering similar bollocks.
If you keep looking ie
http://www.overunity.com/index.php/topic,97.new.html
you can find heaps of stuff on why it's cack.
Try Naudin skeptic in google

The main point is no one any where from the macro to the micro has found any exception even a theoretical one to the three laws of thermodynamics.

1 You can't win
2 You can't break even
3 You have to play the game

Unfortunately patents are issued for all sorts of unworkable useless unscientific tat all the time.
Sorry I've had aquantences lose cash to this sort of stuff and it really rotates me.
Cheers
Mark Stacey
www.cncprototyping.co.nz

dynajetjerry

Post by dynajetjerry » Tue Jun 21, 2005 9:42 pm

Hi, Gang,

On the subject of patents, I'm with Larry. I have it on pretty good authority that a working model of an invention is not alway necessary for issuance of a patent. Supposedly, applications for a "perpetual motion" machine that truly generates power (to overcome friction,) must be accompanied by a fully working model. So far, ain't no such thing!

A device that makes use of the free energy that saturates all of space isn't a true perpetual motion machine, assuming one is possible.

NASA-affiliated people have often discussed the possibility of harnessing the energy contained in the Earth's magnetic and/or solar wind fields by suspending a conducting cable below an orbiting satellite. Such a system "will generate useful amounts of power," supposedly.

In the real world, generation of electrical power by movement of a conductor through some kind of magnetic field ALWAYS, ALWAYS, ALWAYS results in drag on the conductor. This can destroy the stability of a satellite's orbit unless power is applied to maintain it. There goes the "free" energy!

Jerry

leo

Post by leo » Tue Jun 21, 2005 10:05 pm

I think the second law is maybe untrue its based on experience not mathematical proof, I find this links a long time ago because I was looking for something like that.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sci/tech/2135779.stm
http://unisci.com/stories/20012/0607011.htm

Al Belli

Post by Al Belli » Tue Jun 21, 2005 11:46 pm

Hi,

The earth is surrounded by an electric field which is about 100 volts per meter of elevation above the ground. This field has been used to automatically level the wings on model sailplanes. A sensitive operational amplifier is used to monitor the electrical potential at the wingtips, and is used to drive a servo that trims the wing level using the ailerons.

Al Belli

El-Kablooey

Post by El-Kablooey » Wed Jun 22, 2005 3:00 am

I think there is definately enough evidence supporting the idea to indicate the possibility. This device that they claim to have devolped does not break the law of conservation of energy, it simply gets its energy from a method we are not familiar with. It wasn't too awful long ago that the internal combustion engine would have been considered a load of bull by alot of folks. There are always skeptics. I guess there is a need for them. I, on the other hand tend to have an open mind and try to take in all the information before I develop an opinion. I think this is quite possible. I also believe that ideas and inventions of this nature are often suppressed by "vested interest". I'm not the "conspiracy theory" type at all, but I do realize that our economy, and that of many other countries, is strongly based on fossil fuels. Why else would we be using them? diesel engines can run on corn oil, hell Woody Harrelson (from tv's cheers) has driven all over the country in a van that runs on hemp. In the past, service stations around here sold "gasahol" a blend of methyl and gasoline, and we could probably very easily develop engines to run on stricktly methanol just as reliably and just as long (if not longer) as they do on gasoline. There is also Brown's gas which would only do good for the environment. The bottom line is that the oil companies, and our government want us to burn oil. They do their best to hide any alternatives, and try to convince the people that "it won't work". Most folks seem to fall for it. I find it strange that human beings continue to me so skeptical and pessimistic about new ideas even though time and time again throughout history things regarded to be "impossible" become everyday things that everyone takes for granted. Like the computers we use, the airplanes flying everywhere we look, space travel, pretty much all of our technology was seen to be "impossible" by most of the world at one time or another. Imagine the things that we could do if not for all of the skeptics trying to keep us down.

marksteamnz

Post by marksteamnz » Wed Jun 22, 2005 3:37 am

Have any of the open minded read any of sites that show Naudin's claims and gadget are a tad far fetched? If so why are these sites are so wrong?

http://www.neongold.com/phact/e/z/Bearden.htm
http://www.phact.org/e/z/bearden.htm

Sorry left the links out Doh!
Cheers
Mark Stacey
www.cncprototyping.co.nz

Mike Everman

Post by Mike Everman » Wed Jun 22, 2005 5:10 am

Hey, cool. I worked on the the deployment boom for tethered satellite! Faaaascinating project. Gathered a bit more amps than expected before it fried. Some good stories and background on the marshall site. There's some other neat tether ideas that can make satellite orbits higher and such. We also made gravity gradient booms that were fuel-less attitude control. Neeto.

On the topic at hand, I'm told there is a great deal of EMR being spewed all over the radio band in cities. You just need a super duper antenna to gather it on many frequencies, right? Has nothing to do with free energy, just harvesting what's there. I read a long time ago about this.

We harvest temperature differentials all the time and don't call it free.

I am certain that you could harvest the gravity gradient to generate power, too. May not even slow the earth's rotation to do it, either!
Mike Often wrong, never unsure.

Bruno Ogorelec

Post by Bruno Ogorelec » Wed Jun 22, 2005 10:10 am

marksteamnz wrote:1 You can't win
2 You can't break even
3 You have to play the game
Thank you, Mark, for the timely reminder of those universal truths. I wish they were taught in elementary school. Alas, they aren't, leading to people growing up with all sorts of illusions.

Bruno Ogorelec

Post by Bruno Ogorelec » Wed Jun 22, 2005 10:20 am

El-Kablooey wrote:I believe that ideas and inventions of this nature are often suppressed by "vested interest".
Aw, come on! Find me a time in history when 'vested interests' were the same the world over. Surely the Soviet State-run companies were not controlled by the same vested interest as the American ones between 1945 and 1990.

Believe me, if there were something to such ideas, and it were suppresed in the West, Soviets would have done it. They were far less constrained by the 'not done here' mentality than the US industry was, and were willing to try very unusual stuff if it offered promise. Also, they had enormously sophisticated technology at disposal.

Today, you have the Chinese, who would like nothing better than to go one up on the West.