GLC Budgetray Pricing

Off topic posts are welcome in this forum!
No smear campaign, or you will be banned!

Moderator: Mike Everman

luc
Antipspambot question: 125

GLC Budgetray Pricing

Post by luc » Mon Apr 18, 2005 9:50 pm

Greetings Members,

Lately, we had many quote request. Obviously, from the comments and reactions we got from customers, it seems that from the request to the the actual quote, our customers gets a rude awakening.

I don't know ... It seems there is still peoples that are under the impressions they can get an engine which has close to $500.00 of material in it ... For $600.00. These engines don't build them self alone you know.

So, in order give peoples an idea, so they don't get disappointed when they get their quotes and us when we get the comments, I have put together a small budgetary prices list, so peoples know what they are asking for, before they actually ask.

As an example, a 130 lbs. thrust pressure jets need 2 coils which use 11' long tubing each, at close to $8.00 per feet. So, only there, the material cost is $176.00 per pair of coils, add-up labor, shipping and broker fees, and you will soon get to the $300.00 mark.

Another important point is the Stainless Steel 321 and 316L. When we said we found one of the best supplier, we never meant it was free. Yes we found the cheapest place for SST, but it is still an expensive metal.

So, here is some budgetary prices for GLC engines :

- Our Chinese Laser Cut Kit is approx. $195.00 CDN.
- Our Chinese Fully assembled is approx. $500.00 CDN.
- Our GLC 20 Lbs. Pulse-jet is approx. $750.00 CDN.
- A 20 Lbs. pressure-jet is approx. $1400.00 CDN.
- A 40 Lbs. pressure-jet is approx. $1800.00 CDN.
- A 130+ Lbs. Pressure-jet is approx. $2500.00 CDN.

These prices are budgetary because the price for a sheet of stainless steel can vary from +/- $200.00 CDN in one week. So, this affect our pricing on a weekly bases. But still, the engines averages these above prices.

One more thing ... These prices have been establish for the recreational market and customers.

Something to note when you look at competitors. They are selling the original version of the Gluhareff plans and engines, they do not have their own shops and manufacturing facilities, they do not have test stand facilities and most importantly, they do not have the knowledge and the expertise to develop the engines from where Eugene left them 48 years ago. If you want a traditional engine that may or may not work, that fine. But please don't compare our pricing to theirs.

So, I hope all this clarify few important details and give you all, an idea of our price list.

Best regards,

Luc
Luc
Designer & Inventor

luc

Re: re: GLC Budgetray Pricing

Post by luc » Tue Apr 19, 2005 1:10 am

Hi Ben,
Ben wrote:I know, more work, but...

You might consider giving prices in USD and Euro as well. Though the Canadian dollar has increased compared to the USD, it would still reduce sticker shock for American customers to see $2000 rather than $2500.
Yeap ... That also true, but you have to realize that if I send a quote one day and our customer open his email 2 days later and meanwhile the rates have changed, then, my US or Euro price is not good anymore. So, we leave the conversion to the customers.

Evenmore, if you go on www.google.com and type "Currency converter" they have a bunch of online free ones that will do the job for them. So, as i said ... We leave that part to the customers.

Cya,

Luc
Luc
Designer & Inventor

Mike Kirney
Antipspambot question: 0

re: GLC Budgetray Pricing

Post by Mike Kirney » Tue Apr 19, 2005 1:34 pm

Luc, there is absolutely no reason why you cannot establish your own exchange rates for foreign currencies. Many, many shops and hotels do this all the time. You do not have to go by what the banks are giving on any particular day.
Trig IS fun.

luc

Post by luc » Tue Apr 19, 2005 1:56 pm

Hi Mike,
Mike Kirney wrote:Luc, there is absolutely no reason why you cannot establish your own exchange rates for foreign currencies. Many, many shops and hotels do this all the time. You do not have to go by what the banks are giving on any particular day.
Yeappp Mike, you are correct. But one of the reasons why I have put-up that list above, is actually to reduce the number of quotes we have to send every weeks, and to stop peoples saying "Hooo Shit ... That expensive". So, we are not going to make it even harder by going into exchange rates.

Viv and I are coming to the conclusion, that pressure jets are just not for the recreational market and we want to concentrate our efforts where it is most needed.

Thanks for the good comment,

Regards,

Luc
Luc
Designer & Inventor

Viv

Post by Viv » Tue Apr 19, 2005 2:00 pm

Ok guys we take all your points about exchange rates but at the end of the day when all is said and done a quote is a quote! so if we give a price we stick to it but we use PayPal to handle the transactions and when the customer pays PayPal uses the transaction rates for that day.

Now we would have a situation were what we had quoted did not match what the customer payed in their local currency.

So we don't quote local currency, only quoting Canadian Dollars means the the price quoted stays the same, only the local currency rate changes and that we have no control over.

Hope that clarifys the position.

Viv
"Sometimes the lies you tell are less frightening than the loneliness you might feel if you stopped telling them" Brock Clarke

Viv's blog

Monsieur le commentaire

luc

Re: GLC Budgetray Pricing

Post by luc » Tue Apr 19, 2005 2:02 pm

Hi again,
Luc wrote: Something to note when you look at competitors. They are selling the original version of the Gluhareff plans and engines, they do not have their own shops and manufacturing facilities, they do not have test stand facilities and most importantly, they do not have the knowledge and the expertise to develop the engines from where Eugene left them 48 years ago. If you want a traditional engine that may or may not work, that fine. But please don't compare our pricing to theirs.
And by the way ... We don't manufacture original Gluhareff Pressure Jets. They simply don't work and we will simply not jeopardize our company's reputation manufacturing them.

We only manufacture 2nd generation pressure jets, which are the only one actually working properly.

Regards,

Luc
Luc
Designer & Inventor

Mike Kirney

Post by Mike Kirney » Tue Apr 19, 2005 2:08 pm

Credit card companies, postal services, Paypal and Western Union all have their own daily rates so really it doesn't matter what Luc or the customer decides the Canadian dollar is worth at any given moment. If Luc charges $550 CDN for a jet and a customer in Alabama agrees to the purchase on Monday when Google says $1 US = $1.22754 CDN, he will get a bit of a shock on Wednesday when he finally pays and Paypal tells him that they sell Canadian dollars that day for 86 US cents each, cause Paypal always gives the shittiest rates in town. Of course if that customer was smart, he would pay Luc with his Visa directly and would get a rate of perhaps $0.83 US/CDN$ on the same day. If that customer was REALLY smart, he would go out to the garage where he keeps his oil drum full of loonies that he bought back in 2002 when the Canadian dollar was worth only 65 cents US and pay with that, but he might get burned on the shipping because it costs a lot more to mail somebody 550 dollar coins (7 grams each!) than it does simply to send a cheque, even though the exchange is quite spectacular when you do it that way.
Trig IS fun.

Viv

Post by Viv » Tue Apr 19, 2005 2:20 pm

Mike Kirney wrote:Credit card companies, postal services, Paypal and Western Union all have their own daily rates so really it doesn't matter what Luc or the customer decides the Canadian dollar is worth at any given moment. If Luc charges $550 CDN for a jet and a customer in Alabama agrees to the purchase on Monday when Google says $1 US = $1.22754 CDN, he will get a bit of a shock on Wednesday when he finally pays and Paypal tells him that they sell Canadian dollars that day for 86 US cents each, cause Paypal always gives the shittiest rates in town. Of course if that customer was smart, he would pay Luc with his Visa directly and would get a rate of perhaps $0.83 US/CDN$ on the same day. If that customer was REALLY smart, he would go out to the garage where he keeps his oil drum full of loonies that he bought back in 2002 when the Canadian dollar was worth only 65 cents US and pay with that, but he might get burned on the shipping because it costs a lot more to mail somebody 550 dollar coins (7 grams each!) than it does simply to send a cheque, even though the exchange is quite spectacular when you do it that way.
Well to get the best rate under their control Mike they should send a money order made out in CDN, We are not going to accept a check in their local currency as it can take up to 40 days to cash it! I know this with my English bank and canadian bank accounts, frankly its insane the way they handle personal international checks, I think they must do it by hand! they send a guy by plane to the other bank:-)

PayPal is the quick simple no hassle way to do business but yes they like to make there profit:-)

Viv
"Sometimes the lies you tell are less frightening than the loneliness you might feel if you stopped telling them" Brock Clarke

Viv's blog

Monsieur le commentaire

Mike Kirney

Post by Mike Kirney » Tue Apr 19, 2005 2:27 pm

Yeah, I like to use Paypal too. It's worth the extra money not to have to wait a week or 10 days for your money order to get to the seller. You can Paypal as much money as you want too, and besides the post office and bank charge $3.50 for the money order, plus you have to pay 50 cents for a stamp. Hey, look at the 'combustors' I just bought on E-Bay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... %3AIT&rd=1

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... %3AIT&rd=1
Trig IS fun.

Mike Kirney

Post by Mike Kirney » Tue Apr 19, 2005 2:30 pm

Hey guys, what if I wanted to buy the Chinese kit for $195 and I mailed you a money order for $180 plus 15 bucks in Canadian Tire money?
Trig IS fun.

Viv

Post by Viv » Tue Apr 19, 2005 2:55 pm

Mike Kirney wrote:Hey guys, what if I wanted to buy the Chinese kit for $195 and I mailed you a money order for $180 plus 15 bucks in Canadian Tire money?
Well its not legal tender Mike but a few of us collect canadian tyre money so we may be able to do you deal:-)

Viv

Viv's blog

Monsieur le commentaire

Mr. Yuk

Post by Mr. Yuk » Tue Apr 19, 2005 3:38 pm

Will you be selling laser cut pressure jet kits? If so could you aproximate a price for a 20 or 40 pound engine?

Bruno Ogorelec

Post by Bruno Ogorelec » Tue Apr 19, 2005 4:36 pm

Viv wrote:frankly its insane the way they handle personal international checks, I think they must do it by hand! they send a guy by plane to the other bank:-)
And they send another guy to your home to screw your wife while you're away and another to steal your linen from the clothesline. Banks are the worst abomination of the Western civilization. Nothing, nothing about them is good. There is not a single redeeming feature about them. I have a greater sympathy and understanding for the Mafia -- and I am not joking when I say that.