American West Coast Pulsejet Meet, April 30

Off topic posts are welcome in this forum!
No smear campaign, or you will be banned!

Moderator: Mike Everman

Mike Everman
Antipspambot question: 0

Re: re: American West Coast Pulsejet Meet, April 30

Post by Mike Everman » Tue Apr 12, 2005 12:04 am

Ben wrote: They're not going to complain about the noise?
They're used to tractors and propane bird cannons, though they don't use them anymore. They won't have a problem if the kahuna doesn't, and he doesn't. I'm going to go up and run a 2"er and he'll listen to see if he can hear it down there. Worst case is we'll have to run the big bruisers in daylight.

Keep trying, Rossco!
Mike

Viv
Antipspambot question: 125

Post by Viv » Tue Apr 12, 2005 1:31 am

Ben wrote:Pah! Snowboarding. We know where your priorities are, Viv.
Hey I work on pulse jets all day I needed a another hobby to take my mind off it:-)

Viv
"Sometimes the lies you tell are less frightening than the loneliness you might feel if you stopped telling them" Brock Clarke

Viv's blog

Monsieur le commentaire

Mike Everman

re: American West Coast Pulsejet Meet, April 30

Post by Mike Everman » Tue Apr 12, 2005 4:22 am

OK, Viv, there's 25' base at Mammoth Mountain (central california) and last weekend had a foot and a half of powder. They'll be skiing there into June. Hyaaaa! You can take a bus there after the meet.
Mike

Mike Everman

Post by Mike Everman » Tue Apr 12, 2005 4:57 am

A little more detail. Thanks, Ben.
Attachments
meet location, aerial markup.jpg
meet location, aerial markup.jpg (63.48 KiB) Viewed 3955 times
Mike

Rossco

Post by Rossco » Tue Apr 12, 2005 6:33 am

Right, its tight, but i think its all happening!

I will have 3 days to book and pay! BUT i will leave in the morning, get there on the same day and 3hrs earlier! These flights are getting quick! Ha. I never thought about it before i suppose.

Im confused!!!!!!!!!!! What day is the 30th? I thought that it was the saturday? but if i leave here on the 28th, will i get there on the 29? or still on the 28th? Looks like i will be doing some stops along the way too, which is going to mean a very, very long flight! especialy on the way back when i loose a day! ???? Ill go look it all up, unless someone can just give me a quick rundown, without complicating it?

Rossco
Big, fast, broke, fix it, bigger, better, faster...
[url=callto://aussierossco]Image[/url]

Dave

Post by Dave » Tue Apr 12, 2005 10:59 am

Luc and Viv

Sure wish you guys could come, but understand it you have other obligations.

I will do my best to absorb the information first hand and pass on what has not already been published by the time I come up for a visit.

Dave

Dave

Post by Dave » Tue Apr 12, 2005 11:03 am

Rossco

Please provide what flight details you can at this point. I am coming in on the 28th and will pick up both Bruno (12:55PM) and Martin (4:30PM). We will have a 7 passenger mini van so there is plenty of room to have you as well.

Dave

Bruno Ogorelec

Post by Bruno Ogorelec » Tue Apr 12, 2005 11:09 am

Rossco wrote:Right, its tight, but i think its all happening!

I will have 3 days to book and pay! BUT i will leave in the morning, get there on the same day and 3hrs earlier! These flights are getting quick! Ha. I never thought about it before i suppose.

Im confused!!!!!!!!!!! What day is the 30th? I thought that it was the saturday? but if i leave here on the 28th, will i get there on the 29? or still on the 28th? Looks like i will be doing some stops along the way too, which is going to mean a very, very long flight! especialy on the way back when i loose a day! ???? Ill go look it all up, unless someone can just give me a quick rundown, without complicating it?

Rossco
Yes, you are probably gaining even more than Marten and I do. We fly for about 16 hours but arrive only 5 hours after take off. When we get back, we will again fly the same 16 actual hours but will land some 25 hours after we take off. Quite confusing, but adds to the fun.

So, have you proven to the bureaucrats that you actually exist?

I'll apply for the US visa tomorrow. I think I have collected all teh paperwork now. Condoleeza Rice wants me to prove to her that I am well-intentioned, of age, employed and without a nefarious plan to get gainfully employed in the US. She wants me to prove I have at least $ 100.- per day of my stay in the US to my name and that I have two photographs (I look very grim on those). She also wants me to prove that I am married, happily or otherwise. She wants to know how much I earn. I would like to know that, too. I only have a very general idea.

I also have to promise, in writing, that I'll be a good boy. I will, Condoleeza, I will. Cross my heart. I'll just make horrible noise.

Mike Everman

Post by Mike Everman » Tue Apr 12, 2005 2:14 pm

Rossco, it's good you get in on thursday, you'll be able to catch a ride. Stay in touch with Ben and Dave, they will be renting cars.

Bruno, Condoleeza's a ninny. I think even she is beginning to suspect it.
Mike

mk

Post by mk » Tue Apr 12, 2005 6:21 pm

Mike Everman wrote:A little more detail. Thanks, Ben.
Nice drawing!
mk

Mike Everman

Post by Mike Everman » Tue Apr 12, 2005 8:25 pm

Ben wrote:I love the flames, Mike. If neither of my previous names are suitable, how about we call it "Burning Grape"?

I'll be arriving around noon on Friday the 29th. I am hoping to rent a car, I'm still trying to figure out how, but I'm sure I'll have it figured out by then. I'm still happy to give anyone a ride if they're arriving at a similar time.

I should have gotten my tickets for Thursday and arrived with the group. I wonder if I can change it...
We may or may not already be at the site. Friday is pack-up of an impressive list, but sounds as if we'll be there before you. You can count on a 2:15 or so drive to the site.
Mike

Mike Everman

Post by Mike Everman » Tue Apr 12, 2005 8:56 pm

With regard to Dave's post re: the work we will do,
I expect that we are all interested in stats for all engines we run, and for me this takes precidence over turbo bike building, or we can just goof off, but...

Here's the data I'm hoping to be ready to take:
dimensional
thrust and sfc at 3 throttle settings
fueling particulars, type and orifice sizes
front/rear phase relationship
lowest pressure draw point in intake(?) have vacuum gage
try gasolene stinger(?)

I'll have a few computers, and need volunteers for data gathering, entry and running/setup. I'll have everything for measurement. I'll have a video projector and screen for whatever.

Or, as I said, we can screw off!
Mike

Bruno Ogorelec

Post by Bruno Ogorelec » Tue Apr 12, 2005 10:24 pm

Ben wrote:I love the flames, Mike. If neither of my previous names are suitable, how about we call it "Burning Grape"?

I'll be arriving around noon on Friday the 29th. I am hoping to rent a car, I'm still trying to figure out how, but I'm sure I'll have it figured out by then. I'm still happy to give anyone a ride if they're arriving at a similar time.

I should have gotten my tickets for Thursday and arrived with the group. I wonder if I can change it...
You probably can, and the airline will probably get you a car, too. In Europe, airlines are closely connected with car rental agencies. I doubt that it's very different in the US.

I usually rent a car when I buy the ticket. Sometimes you run into very good special deals that way.

Rossco

Post by Rossco » Wed Apr 13, 2005 2:04 am

At the moment, the plan is:

Leave here on thursday the 27th, at 10:00 AM.
Via China, or wherever the pitstop is.
Land in LA on thursday the 28th at 7:00 AM.
Customs and junk, getting luggage, and whatever hoops they would like to see if i can jump though.
Hang about trying to figure out which stranger is supposedly picking me/us up, and finding Bruno? off the top of my head, you were getting in at about 10:00 Bruno? no, looks like its 12:00 or so?

Thanks Dave, even though i thought that it was Mike that was comming?

We better get this sorted! What do you think is the best way to get in touch and organize such meetups?

I was thinking it would be best if we could start another thread with a list of details, times and such that is left uncluttered and for the sole purpose as to save confusion? Someone that actualy knows their plans and list want to get onto that? Can you edit your post anywhere in a thread? Maybe keep one post each and edit it as need be? It would keep a better log for referance.

Now, noone has said anything about me bringing a photographer? Does anyone have any comments? Female by the way, probably the only one there?, very good friend of mine... The first i would like to ask would be Mike and Dave?

Mike, thank you very very much for your invitation! I would like to accept please! The floor sounds great for after the meet, and camping and sleeping bags even better, for the meet! BUT, could you possibly extend your offer to two people? I assure you that we would be no trouble at all! and understand the arangement of a workplace. We both run our own business'.

Dave would it also be possible for you to spare two seats?
Im very greatfull for all the help and friendship offered here! I will be scraping the line money wise as it is, but i think that its an apportunity/exuse that i just cant miss!

Thanx again to all involved, and even more to anyone that posseses the organisation gene!

Rossco
Big, fast, broke, fix it, bigger, better, faster...
[url=callto://aussierossco]Image[/url]

resosys

Post by resosys » Wed Apr 13, 2005 2:09 am

Just a note.

My wife may be coming with me. She's run our pulsejets many times and helped me build tesla coils and other assorted projects.

Chris