N20 Kits

Off topic posts are welcome in this forum!
No smear campaign, or you will be banned!

Moderator: Mike Everman

paul skinner

N20 Kits

Post by paul skinner » Fri Mar 18, 2005 12:49 pm

I know there's lots of car enthusiasts, so maybe someone can tell me. How much does it generally cost to add a nitrous kit, and what do you do when the bottles empty. Just refill it?

Johansson
Antipspambot question: 0

re: N20 Kits

Post by Johansson » Fri Mar 18, 2005 8:47 pm

Build it yourself, just like me! I am building a kit to install on my soon-to-come pocketbike...

Everything you need to know about DIY-nitrous = http://www.diy-nitrous.fsnet.co.uk/index.htm

//Anders

paul skinner

Post by paul skinner » Fri Mar 18, 2005 9:18 pm

Thanks Anders.

Just what I was looking for.

Hank

Post by Hank » Fri Mar 18, 2005 9:40 pm

Hello- This is a worthwhile addition to your automobile. NO2 gives you the ability to take that hole-shot in order to make the exit ramp, be it the Santa Monica Freeway or some crowded stretch of the Autobahn.

Contact me at Gulfrose@Juno.com if you would like the electrically actuated valves you require. Affordable plus postage. I have four of them.

Later, Hank

paul skinner

Re: re: N20 Kits

Post by paul skinner » Fri Mar 18, 2005 10:38 pm

Hank wrote:Hello- This is a worthwhile addition to your automobile. NO2 gives you the ability to take that hole-shot in order to make the exit ramp, be it the Santa Monica Freeway or some crowded stretch of the Autobahn.

Contact me at Gulfrose@Juno.com if you would like the electrically actuated valves you require. Affordable plus postage. I have four of them.

Later, Hank
Thanks for the offer Hank. Much appreciated. There's a local performance shop that stocks entire Nitrous kits ($250 CDN with the bottle) so I'll probably go that route. I'm adding this to a car I'm having rebuilt (I'm not a car guy, wish I was, but I'm not) for my second youngest guys birthday for next year. Nice little Honda CRX.

Later,

Paul.

Hank

Post by Hank » Sat Mar 19, 2005 2:03 am

Hello, Paul- The price on the parts package sounds like the right one.
One bit of advice, Sir, and please take it. Install an engine revolution limiter. This gizmo becomes part of the ignition circuit. Ask your parts guy or installing mechanic of it.

Later, Hank

Anthony

Post by Anthony » Sat Mar 19, 2005 3:23 am

Hank wrote:Hello, Paul- The price on the parts package sounds like the right one.
One bit of advice, Sir, and please take it. Install an engine revolution limiter. This gizmo becomes part of the ignition circuit. Ask your parts guy or installing mechanic of it.

Later, Hank
Some car have a fuel cutoff @ max RPM feature, I'm not sure if it'd work with a N20 system installed though?
Anthony

Johansson

Post by Johansson » Sat Mar 19, 2005 7:44 am

The only reason there is to cut the fuel supply at max RPM is if you are tired of your engine, a 100HP shot of nitrous and suddenly no fuel = melted pistons...

Paul, is this kit wet or dry? (does it include nozzles and solenoids for fuel) A dry system is cheaper and eliminates the risk of intake blowouts (exploding fuel/nitrous mix in the intake), but then you need to trick the fuel injection to give the extra fuel needed for the nitrous shot.

Read the link carefully before buying anything, it has got a few pointers about where the nozzles should be placed and other important stuff. You will also find that it is extremely easy to build your own...

paul skinner

Post by paul skinner » Sat Mar 19, 2005 12:15 pm

Johansson wrote:The only reason there is to cut the fuel supply at max RPM is if you are tired of your engine, a 100HP shot of nitrous and suddenly no fuel = melted pistons...

Paul, is this kit wet or dry? (does it include nozzles and solenoids for fuel) A dry system is cheaper and eliminates the risk of intake blowouts (exploding fuel/nitrous mix in the intake), but then you need to trick the fuel injection to give the extra fuel needed for the nitrous shot.

Read the link carefully before buying anything, it has got a few pointers about where the nozzles should be placed and other important stuff. You will also find that it is extremely easy to build your own...
I'm not sure. I purchased it, and dropped it off at the shop yesterday. Again, I'm no car guy and wouldn't even pretend that I am. I'll go by today and have a look.

paul skinner

Post by paul skinner » Sat Mar 19, 2005 7:13 pm

It's a wet kit. It's adjustable from 35-200hp, and includes the fogger nozzle, braided hoses, solenoids, wiring kit, etc..

Learn something new every day.

//usually forget it within the first week. :)

Tom

Post by Tom » Sat Mar 19, 2005 8:11 pm

250 Canadian for all that? Wow, thats pretty cheap for something that could be used as a complete Hybrid rocket GSE pack.

Tom
Experience speaks more then hypothesizing ever can. More-so in chemistry.

paul skinner

Post by paul skinner » Sat Mar 19, 2005 8:38 pm

Tom wrote:250 Canadian for all that? Wow, thats pretty cheap for something that could be used as a complete Hybrid rocket GSE pack.

Tom
Sssshhhhhhh!
:wink:

Mark

Post by Mark » Sat Mar 19, 2005 9:38 pm

What's the deal with the link and all the whipped cream canisters? Is that the only way to buy nitrous or did I miss something? And please no laughing at my question.
Mark
Presentation is Everything

paul skinner

Post by paul skinner » Sat Mar 19, 2005 9:45 pm

Mark wrote:What's the deal with the link and all the whipped cream canisters? Is that the only way to buy nitrous or did I miss something? And please no laughing at my question.
Mark
Kinda neat though isn't it? A-do-it-yourselfer for those small 49cc tanaka scooters.

I'll admit though, I probably wouldn't want to tamper with a nitrous/fuel mixture unless I was 100% it wasn't going to blow my head off. Hence, buying the proper kit (Zex wet nitrous 82021-H) and letting someone else do the install.

Mark

Post by Mark » Sat Mar 19, 2005 10:04 pm

You don't have to tell me about oxidizers, I about went deaf just putting in a little pure O2 in my tiny Logan with methanol and lighting it. And then too I can remember my shop teacher in high school doing a balloon of pure O2 and C2H2 and touching it off with a red hot welding rod. Echo city.
Then there was the time I toyed with KMNO4 and aluminum powder. The permanganate really can detonate big time with aluminum. Ah, the wonders of purple salt, it smells sweet like laughing gas if you grind it in a mortar and pestle, isn't that interesting, I had never thought about the similarity there until now.
But do not grind more ingredients than you want to blow up in your face. I've had a mortar and pestle detonate leaving a fine mist in the air, luckily I was unharmed except for the bazillion pieces of ceramic scattered about which I had to pick up (in the house).
Mark
Presentation is Everything