Larry ?

Off topic posts are welcome in this forum!
No smear campaign, or you will be banned!

Moderator: Mike Everman

Stephen H
Antipspambot question: 125

Larry ?

Post by Stephen H » Thu Dec 11, 2003 10:40 am

Larry.. where are you.. does anybody no where this guy has gone to ? gone on holiday ? got blowen up by one of his little jets ?

Stephen

Bruno Ogorelec
Antipspambot question: 0

Post by Bruno Ogorelec » Thu Dec 11, 2003 10:53 am

No, he's just been squeezed hard by his employer. he'll be back as soon as the pressure eases, I hope.

Stephen H
Antipspambot question: 125

Post by Stephen H » Thu Dec 11, 2003 12:53 pm

well i hope thats not to far off!

Stephen

paul skinner

Post by paul skinner » Fri Dec 12, 2003 1:57 am

brunoogorelec wrote:No, he's just been squeezed hard by his employer. he'll be back as soon as the pressure eases, I hope.
What do you mean Bruno, if you don't mind me asking? I'm sorry to read that, I thought Larry was retired.

Mike Kirney

Yes, Please Elaborate, Bruno

Post by Mike Kirney » Fri Dec 12, 2003 3:21 am

I sent Larry an e-mail a last week and he still hasn't replied. I'm getting a little worried. JetZILLA is still up so that is somewhat re-assuring.

larry cottrill

Just Ain't Hitting

Post by larry cottrill » Fri Dec 12, 2003 6:02 am

As the great Yogi Berra once said, "Slump? I ain't in no slump ... I just ain't hitting."

Yes, I am still alive and well, relatively speaking. This is the first time I've stopped to look at the forum for a couple of weeks, I'd say. Our group at work [yes, there is a day job] is swamped, largely due to the death of a co-worker and good friend who did dozens of complex and wonderful tasks with an incredible work ethic, but basically never produced much documentation as to how he kept it all running. And we're talking about mission-critical applications and processes that help keep a thousand branch office systems scattered around the Western Hemisphere updated and running. So, we're discovering all over again how to do what he did, day in and day out, for the last fourteen years.

Meanwhile at home, the new horse barn is FINALLY fully insulated, although the insulation isn't all covered up yet on the inner side of the walls. Each board for the interior paneling [tongue-and-groove car siding] is ten feet long [floor to ceiling] and goes in with twelve galvanized nails. One board covers SEVEN INCHES of width, so it takes a few of these to go around the inside of a 24 x 40 ft structure. But, there's only one 10-ft bay left to put up, plus about a dozen short pieces over the doorway in the middle of the end wall. The main problem is actually humidity, due to the presence of three horses and numerous cats, plus "cooler" weather setting in.

Other than all that, I haven't done squat. I haven't touched the test stand I wanted to build for Maggie Muggs, though I think I have about 90 percent of the materials now on hand, including a 50 lb spring scale with a decent size circular dial face. Mark 'Thixis' sent me a bunch of valves and stuff to mess with, but was kind enough not to hold me to a deadline.

I intend to put an offer on the OT Forum that may be of interest to some.

Merry Christmas and Other Happy Holidays to all!

L Cottrill

Bruno Ogorelec

Post by Bruno Ogorelec » Fri Dec 12, 2003 6:07 am

Principal Skinner wrote:What do you mean Bruno, if you don't mind me asking? I'm sorry to read that, I thought Larry was retired.
No, no, he's about my age and not ready to retire. We both have about a decade to go yet. It's just that there's been some restructuring at the company he works for and heat has increased. He's supposed to apply himself rather harder than before and use of computor even for innocuous private purposes is heavily frowned upon. He must do everything private at home, where he has other stuff to do, not just tickle the fancies of his fans on the pulsejet forum....

Reminds me of my days at a big travel company before the war and before my going independent. Pressure, pressure, pressure...