Brown and associates Troll warning

Off topic posts are welcome in this forum!
No smear campaign, or you will be banned!

Moderator: Mike Everman

Mark

Re: Brown and associates Troll warning

Post by Mark » Sun Feb 13, 2005 8:34 pm

Presentation is Everything

Hank
Antipspambot question: 0

Post by Hank » Mon Feb 14, 2005 4:44 am

[
Isnt it illegal to write to people threatening of legal action posing as a lawyer? Im pretty sure it is in the US at least. You should definately get ahold of the ISP and scare the living shit out of the person.

Eric[/quote]
Yeah, its called criminal harrasement, if it crosses international borders then the Feds deal with it. Determination of intent has a lot to do with case weights and merits. Spend a few quid to determine if this is part of a large organization or some individual.
Death to boneheads, Hank

luc
Antipspambot question: 125

Post by luc » Mon Feb 14, 2005 2:09 pm

Hi Steve
steve wrote:When you guys said "Bite back," you weren't kidding!

Good luck (although it dosn't look as though you need it!)
Yes Steve, we were not kidding my friend.

And this issue is not the only one on our list ... There is one more that we will deal with ... You can thrust me.

But one thing I want to underline here ...

Viv and I have seen all your messages and we really appreciate your support guys ... I take the occasion to thank you guys.

We really feel you guys are behind us and it is really conforting to see that.

Again ... Thanks guys.

Best regards,

The entire GLC team.
Luc
Designer & Inventor

Viv

Post by Viv » Mon Feb 14, 2005 3:15 pm

Just a copy of the most recent request for Jeremy Browns company contact details.

This is to show that we are taking all reasnable steps to deal with this matter.

Subject: Response required please
Date: 14 February 2005 10:07:47 GMT-05:00
To: purplepidgeon@earthlink.net

Dear Jeremy

I notice you have not replied to my last email there for I am resending it to you again.

Last email message below:

Dear Jeremy

We are attempting to send you a legal notice, but we can not locate the address of your company Brown and associates? you do not seem to be listed with the American bar association or with any other official body we have enquired of.

Our request for your contact details in our previous email message to you went unanswered.

We ask you now directly to supply your contact details including address and telephone, fax numbers

Failure to do so will result in us taking the matter further and approaching your ISP for the details of the account holder of the email address purplepidgeon@earthlink.net

Further we will make a formal approach to what ever professional bodies we think you may belong too or are regulated by in your profession so that we may acquire your contact details that way.

Regards

Viv Collins

On 8 Feb 2005, at 15:14, user wrote:

2/8/05

Dear Gentlemen:

Thank you for your response. Our e-letter to you at this point is merely a notice to
you, informing you of Mr. Stram's patent rights. At a minumum, you would be well
advised to inform yourselves of Mr. Stram's patents by researching the U. S. patent
literature available online from the U.S patent office. His first patent is now published
online, with the second to follow. Please be assured if we see an infringement
upon Mr.Stram's patents, all correspondence to you be in writing from our office. 
No additional correspondence will follow hereafter unless we see an infringement.
Jeremy Brown
BROWN AND ASSOCIATES

----- Original Message -----
To: purplepidgeon@earthlink.net
Sent: Tuesday, February 08, 2005 9:03 AM

Dear Sir

Open letter

We received the following message listed below via our general web site contact email address.

Unfortunately we are unable to take any action or enter in to any correspondence via an email message regarding legal matters or patent inquiry's especially when that email message lacks any basic company contact details or notification of prejudice, further and as you are no doubt aware matters of this nature should be conducted in writing to our registered business address or directly to our company notary (address supplied below).

I found it somewhat suspicious that the message did not contain any contact details for the company "Brown and Associates" and that the reply address is to one "purplepigion@earthlink.net" an internet search found no companies of that name practicing law in the chicago area were Mr Stram is listed as residing, with that said I am sure you will understand and take no offense if we ignore this message until we receive in writing by post or fax on company headed paper a more formal approach.

Conception GLC inc. is a Quebec registered corporation and our official language is french, any future correspondence regarding legal matters or enquiries should be conducted in Quebec French in accordance with the regulations and practices of our province.

Best regards

Viv Collins

Conception GLC inc.
Actionnaire / Concepteur
Tel 418-275-8877
Fax 418-275-0147
Mobile 514-298-9784
Email : vivcollins@glc-inc.ca
Web : www.glc-inc.ca

2/7/2005

TO: Conception GLC Inc.

Dear Gentlemen:

We represent U.S. Inventor Michael Stram. It has come to our attention that
you may be
attempting to commercialize a valveless jet engine which has a forward
facing intake duct.
If so, there is a liklihood that such a product would conflict and infringe
upon Mr. Stram's
two patents in this area. He holds U.S. Patent Number 6,216,446, and a
follow-on patent
pending, that has not yet been published by the U.S. Patent Office. If it
became apparent
that there was a conflict, we would, of course, act to protect his patent
rights. If this is not
the case, and you do not intend to commercialize a valveless jet engine that
has a forward
facing intake duct, then please disregard this notice, and we and Mr. Stram,
wish you
the best of luck in your new venture.

Jeremy Brown
BROWN AND ASSOCIATES

--
No virus found in this outgoing message.
Checked by AVG Anti-Virus.
Version: 7.0.300 / Virus Database: 265.8.6 - Release Date: 2/7/05

No virus found in this incoming message.
No virus found in this outgoing message.

Viv Collins

Conception GLC inc.
Actionnaire / Concepteur
418-275-8877
514-298-9784
Email : vivcollins@glc-inc.ca
Web : www.glc-inc.ca

This mail is a natural product. The
slight variations in spelling and
grammar enhance its individual
character and beauty and in no way
are to be considered flaws or
defects.
"Sometimes the lies you tell are less frightening than the loneliness you might feel if you stopped telling them" Brock Clarke

Viv's blog

Monsieur le commentaire

Viv

Post by Viv » Mon Feb 28, 2005 6:40 pm

Well enough time has passed for the real Michael A Stram to have wriiten a letter to us at our company address detailing his claims and legal notice.

As of today we have recieved no communications from him or his alledged representative Jeremy Brown of Brown and associates in a legally admissible or actionable format.

We have so far been unable to trace Michael or Jeremy brown or the owner of the purplepidgeon@earthlink.net email address

We can only assume therefor that this was in fact just a troll posting and email to us by some body trying to cause trouble.

The member registration on this forum for Michael A Stram under the name MS is probably registered to the purplepidgeon@earthlink.net email address but again we have not been able to check this with Kenneth.

We shall ignore it untill the real Michael A Stram steps forward to admit or deny it was him.

Viv
"Sometimes the lies you tell are less frightening than the loneliness you might feel if you stopped telling them" Brock Clarke

Viv's blog

Monsieur le commentaire

Mike Kirney
Antipspambot question: 0

Post by Mike Kirney » Wed Mar 09, 2005 3:36 pm

This Michael A. Stram may be a technical genius and even might know a think or two about international patent law, but when it comes to doing business he is pretty dumb. Viv, I recommend you first attempt to patent his invention in Canada, the EU and the UK, thus preventing him from obtaining said patents in said jurisdictions. Even if you don't get the patent, you should still go into high production of the Mr. Stram's jet immediately. It will be at least a year or two before his claim makes it before the courts, so you have plenty of time to saturate the market, make a ton of cash selling 'his' jet, then, worst-case scenario, you settle out of court and use the money you made selling 'his' jets to pay the guy off. It is not unlikely that you will still turn a profit with this scheme, despite the lawyers fees, etc. This strategy has been employed time and time again throughout the history of commercialized technology and generally it works like a charm.
Trig IS fun.

Viv

Post by Viv » Wed Mar 09, 2005 3:57 pm

Mike Kirney wrote:This Michael A. Stram may be a technical genius and even might know a think or two about international patent law, but when it comes to doing business he is pretty dumb. Viv, I recommend you first attempt to patent his invention in Canada, the EU and the UK, thus preventing him from obtaining said patents in said jurisdictions. Even if you don't get the patent, you should still go into high production of the Mr. Stram's jet immediately. It will be at least a year or two before his claim makes it before the courts, so you have plenty of time to saturate the market, make a ton of cash selling 'his' jet, then, worst-case scenario, you settle out of court and use the money you made selling 'his' jets to pay the guy off. It is not unlikely that you will still turn a profit with this scheme, despite the lawyers fees, etc. This strategy has been employed time and time again throughout the history of commercialized technology and generally it works like a charm.
The only problem is Mike he is not a technical genius and his jets a peace of poo! I had a better working version of it in my scrap pile than he has listed in his patent:-)

If he had asked nicely I would have told him what the problem was but now he can wistle for it:-)

The other point is his patent is unenforceable as there is too much prior art on the subject, he basically has copied Gluehareffs work and the patent examiners passed it with out checking.

In any argument we would just prove his engine works on the same principles as the Gluehareff with no more inovation than a competant engineer could have done.

Irina Gluehareff still has all her fathers notes so we could even subpiena those for the court to revuie as he had designed a pressure jet with a forward facing duct and divulged it to a number of people, that places it in the public domain and breaks one of the patent requirements.

There are simply to many ways for Michael A Stram to lose an argument on patent infringement and thats before I even get started on a serius defence

Viv

Viv's blog

Monsieur le commentaire

luc

Post by luc » Sat May 05, 2012 1:38 am

Friday night ... Wife & son SNORRrrinngggg on the Sofa ... TV's at low volume ... I decided to browse P-J.com for old threads and came accross this one ...

WE NEVER did get another letter or any thing else from M. Stram ... Actually ...

In fact ... If he was reading P-J.com at the time and saw this threads and how peoples responded to it and went after him looking, I think the guy probably dug a hole so deep to hide, the he probably neighbored Ben Laden and Sadam Usein ... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

But that was the end of it ... Never hear a thing from him nor is "Presumed" lawyer ...
Luc
Designer & Inventor