Contact Bruce Simpson ??

Off topic posts are welcome in this forum!
No smear campaign, or you will be banned!

Moderator: Mike Everman

marksteamnz
Antipspambot question: 0

Re: Contact Bruce Simpson ??

Post by marksteamnz » Thu Mar 10, 2005 7:16 pm

From the Yahoo DIY Gasturbine forum

Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2005 07:21:09 -0000
Subject: Re: Valveless pulse jet.
Hi Tom, I spoke with Bruce about a month back. He's very busy with
all sorts of projects on the go as usual. How fast do you reckon a
ton of pj thrust will make you go?....my lips are sealed!... heheheheh
I've got some notes which may be of help for you. ;-)
Nick

No connection to me, just passing the info on, only the messenger etc
Cheers
Mark Stacey
www.cncprototyping.co.nz

luc
Antipspambot question: 125

Post by luc » Thu Mar 10, 2005 7:40 pm

Hi Marksteamnz,
marksteamnz wrote:From the Yahoo DIY Gasturbine forum

Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2005 07:21:09 -0000
Subject: Re: Valveless pulse jet.
Hi Tom, I spoke with Bruce about a month back. He's very busy with
all sorts of projects on the go as usual. How fast do you reckon a
ton of pj thrust will make you go?....my lips are sealed!... heheheheh
I've got some notes which may be of help for you. ;-)
Nick

No connection to me, just passing the info on, only the messenger etc
Yeap ... We all know he is very busy, but obviously not with "Customer Satisfaction"

Viv and I also have many on going projects and we usually work 10 to 12 hours a day.

But one thing come before all our little projects and that is ... "Customer Satisfaction".

Yeapp .... We all know the story with Bruce.

Regards,

Luc
Luc
Designer & Inventor

luc

Post by luc » Thu Mar 10, 2005 8:48 pm

Hi Ben,
Ben wrote:Nick Haddock is one of the guys he worked with on Junkyard Wars, and a business partner of sorts. It's not surprising that Bruce would still talk to him, but that doesn't get anyone closer to getting their money or products.
Nice going ... Thanks for enlighting us. Now we know why.

Cya,

Luc
Luc
Designer & Inventor

steve

re: Contact Bruce Simpson ??

Post by steve » Thu Jul 07, 2005 3:41 pm

have you guys seen this yet? it a news report about bruce simpson (about 15 minutes long) that essentially makes the claim that america is the cause of all bruce's problems. I'd like to hear your opinions on this one!
Video- http://www.interestingprojects.com/crui ... sunday.wmv

here's the page it was on- http://www.interestingprojects.com/crui ... doco.shtml

at least we finally get to see what the "cruise missle" looks like.

Bruno Ogorelec

Post by Bruno Ogorelec » Thu Jul 07, 2005 7:19 pm

Well, Bruce has had great luck with that TV report. It is very strongly sympathetic towards him as an underdog genius. Bruce himself is good. He strikes just the right note. An excellent performance. A paid advertisement would not be half as good.

But, it's not enough to get him off the hook. As that USA official said, "Mr. Simpson was playing with fire..." He got burned pretty badly.

He should have known better. He should never have done the missile thing. Everyone knew it at the time but him.

Doing things the US does not like in a small and relatively unimportant country is not good for your health. I've seen things happen here in Croatia that dwarf Bruce's plight. Contracts worth millions of dollars and hundreds of jobs scuttled in a matter of days after a quiet talk over coffee between the US Ambassador and a Cabinet Minister etc.

My country has had extensive business relations with the Middle East for half a century. We used to make billions doing civil engineering projects, shipbuilding etc. etc. It has trickled down to a symbolic volume over the past five years. Thousands of jobs have disappeared.

Again, to quote that US official -- the US is not shy about letting friendly governments know what it doesn't like.

marksteamnz

Post by marksteamnz » Thu Jul 07, 2005 7:20 pm

Video / claim of govt. interferance ie over a year old now. With Bruce any claims must be taken with a large grain of salt.

http://www.simplejets.com/starwars.shtml is the latest information.
Looking at the ugly truncated tubes and poorly intergrated roll bars on the chassis pictures you'd have to be ignorant or crazy to drive that thing.
Cheers
Mark Stacey
www.cncprototyping.co.nz

Bruno Ogorelec

Post by Bruno Ogorelec » Thu Jul 07, 2005 7:38 pm

I find it unusual that no one has commented on the very curious engine Bruce has put on his cruise missile. Very curious.

hagent

Re: re: Contact Bruce Simpson ??

Post by hagent » Thu Jul 07, 2005 9:23 pm

Bruno Ogorelec wrote:I find it unusual that no one has commented on the very curious engine Bruce has put on his cruise missile. Very curious.
Looks like a short valved type engine with his X fuel feed.

What do you guys think?
Hagen Tannberg

Bruno Ogorelec

Post by Bruno Ogorelec » Thu Jul 07, 2005 9:56 pm

Why would a valved engine have the x-feed?

To me, it looks like a dummy. I don't think it works. If it does work, it only works with ram pressure, meaning that it has to be catapult-launched.

hagent

Post by hagent » Thu Jul 07, 2005 10:27 pm

Doesn't the X fuel system just help with fuel delivery? An evenly spaced fuel delivery system infront of the valves?

No matter what I'm sure that if it does work it would need some sort of boost to get it flying. I doubt that there is enough thrust for a vertical launch.

If it's vavled it probably only has a life span of 10-30 mins if he's lucky.

The engine does look too short though. If it works would that be a 1/4 wave or 1/2 wave exauhst pipe?
Hagen Tannberg

marksteamnz

Post by marksteamnz » Wed Dec 28, 2005 8:12 pm

For those who are still following "The Chronicles of Simpson" there is a new magazine here in New Zealand called The Shed. It looks at what people are doing in there sheds plus has projects, (Build a trailer, pizza oven etc). The shed visits rang from great to who cares. A great one was a chap, who I'm making parts for, who is building a full scale wooden Spitfire in his garage. This is not a cobbled together effort but the real deal, designed by and ex DeHaviland engineer. Powerplant will be an Allison 1730 as Merlins are 5 times the price.

One of the ho hum visits was to Bruce Simpson at his hanger in Tokaroa. He is now building a pulse jet powered autonomus eye in the sky Unmaned Aerial Vehicle (UAV) for search and rescue. The aritcle gives a link www.simplejets.com/UAVclips.htm which doesn't work. Pictures in the article show the dual valveless dragster, a big 4 pipe Kentfield and a 10kg thrust sized valved unit held against the UAV. He's getting noise complaints so is talking of building a bunker. Apparently he still sells kitsets and instructions. Yeah right.
Cheers
Mark Stacey
www.cncprototyping.co.nz

Greg O'Bryant

Post by Greg O'Bryant » Thu Dec 29, 2005 5:07 am

I think the whole thing about Bruce is sad and harmful to the pulse jet comunity! His publicity lust has cast a dark cloud over all pulse jet makers. A person could make a similar missle with a 2 stoke engine and a propellar or an off the shelf turbine! The true threat is the navigation system not the powerplant. I saw a TV show one time where a university (MIT?) had a competition to make GPS guided helicopters perform tasks like transfering tennis balls across a foot ball field. The technology is already out there. Besides when you are dealing with a person who will blow their self up who needs GPS anyway!, but no
he had to be in the lime light (just my thoughts)

Stuart

Post by Stuart » Thu Dec 29, 2005 3:40 pm

Bruno Ogorelec wrote: But, it's not enough to get him off the hook. As that USA official said, "Mr. Simpson was playing with fire..." He got burned pretty badly.

He should have known better. He should never have done the missile thing. Everyone knew it at the time but him.
Bruce is a horses ass as far as I'm concerned and deserves what he gets. He's lucky he didn't get himself buried in some swamp for this stunt. Now that I see the guts of his X Jet, all he did was put a flameholder in the PJet.

The cautionary tale of Gerald Bull comes to mind, five bullets to the back of his head ended his ambitions.

http://world.std.com/~jlr/doom/bull.htm

What really ticks me off about Bruce's stunt is that he makes it difficult for the rest of us.
I'm writing an automated airplane designer in java, useful later when you guys get ready to bolt a p-jet onto some wings

luc

Post by luc » Thu Dec 29, 2005 4:34 pm

What really ticks me off about Bruce's stunt is that he makes it difficult for the rest of us.
No shit ...

Anyway ... What is still puzzling me though ... Is that many peoples claim he has stolen hundreds of thousand of $$$ from peoples, where actually, we found out after 1-1/2 year of operation, that their is really nothing to fuss about.

I don't from where he stole all that money from, for there is really no money to make with pulse jets.

If one plan to make a living on pulse jets, he better plan to have alot of toast and peanut butter on his daily diet.

Unless someone can provide me with solid proof that M. Simpson really stole all that money ... My opinion is now that all this is mostly smoke, mirror, jalousy and bitching.

Heyyy, the bottom line is ... If you want don't want to loose your money ... Keep it in your pocket.

Regards,

Luc

Greg O'Bryant

Post by Greg O'Bryant » Fri Dec 30, 2005 12:45 am

The only good thing that came from Bruce's stunt is the fact that an American company offered up $1,000,000 for his plans! Was this for the whole missle or the pulse jet? I would love to start developing some of my ideas if I knew a cash reward was eminent in the future, but I don't have any money or tools. Perhaps somebody would like to partner with me? Remeber that I have no real experience with these engines just ideas.