Dyna-Jet-Jerry

Off topic posts are welcome in this forum!
No smear campaign, or you will be banned!

Moderator: Mike Everman

55dcyinely
Antipspambot question: 125

Dyna-Jet-Jerry

Post by 55dcyinely » Thu Jul 29, 2010 1:24 am

(Quote) From;
MECOA's Model Engine Forum & Swap Shop

jerry1927
in discussion with:
Chiefss,
Seeing as how you live in Bremerton, WA, you might be interested in a little-know fact about the originator of the D-J.
Very early in WW II, Charlie Marks and his family moved to Bremerton to work at the Navy Yard there. Their son, Wesley, was born in that city and the Marks family remained in Bremerton until after WW II ended. They wound up in Las Vegas but moved to Dayton, OH in late 1945 so that Charlie could work with old friend Bill Tenney to improve 2-stroke engines. After Charlie heard a V-1 Buzz Bomb running at Wright Field, across the highway from Bill's shop, he got side-tracked and came up with a working miniature pulse jet engine. Bill joined him in developing a saleable version and called it the "Dyna-Jet." As the saying goes, "The rest is history."
Jerry

I didn't know Dynajetjerry, was a valuable part of the history of Dyna-Jet! :)
A few friends a few calls a few search engines and their you have it.
Of course you that have been around a while, and have earned your strips already knew this. :wink:
But for us new comers we have to do a little digging to find out who some of the seasoned members of this forum really are.
My hats off to you Jerry. Sorry I give you a hard time.
Thanks for your contribution, not limited to this forum!
Doug

55dcyinely

Re: Dyna-Jet-Jerry

Post by 55dcyinely » Wed Sep 22, 2010 9:54 pm

As long as I'm off topic, I guest I should be embarrassed to find out that Bruno Ogorelec, Is a live and I might add doing very well!
Bruno Ogorelec wrote: Wow! Thank you. Makes a nice ending to a nice Saturday.

I still keep an eye on the field, but from a great distance. I left the forum for all practical purposes a long time ago, when it became thoroughly unpleasant. By that time, however, I had very little to contribute anymore. It was no great loss, either to the forum or to myself.

These days, I write poetry.

It's just as exciting as jet engines, but much quieter. :)

Regards,

Bruno
So, true to life this really is. "And I not wanting to dig up old bones, I'm not asking." And you that know Bruno, as a friend also know of his contributions to this forum.
And I guest I'm just getting to DAMN OLD to have anything to be embarrassed about. I mean when the Doctor hands you a specimen container for seamen. And then the nurse knocks on the restroom door to ask if your done yet!?!?!?!?!?!?!? Well, what can I say?

dyna-fogger_46074

Post by dyna-fogger_46074 » Thu Dec 15, 2022 9:36 pm

@55dcyinely
I realize this is a decade-old discussion, but do you know if Dyna-Jet-Jerry is still around?
I'm a new member here, I joined because I have some information for him.

orangeshirt

Post by orangeshirt » Tue Apr 18, 2023 1:01 am

-Mike

dyna-fogger_46074

Post by dyna-fogger_46074 » Tue Apr 18, 2023 2:06 am

If anyone is interested in a final chapter of Jerry's story, reply here and let me know:

https://www.pulse-jets.com/phpbb3/viewt ... 3&start=30

Mark

Post by Mark » Sun Apr 23, 2023 7:35 pm

I am interested.
Presentation is Everything